Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

00 Civic Si question..

Old 09-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00CivicSi has disabled reputation
Default 00 Civic Si question..

Ok.. there is this knocking noise coming from somewhere in my dash when i shift gears ( 1st - 2nd ) and when I downshift or right when im starting to drive the car.. it's like.. popping back and fourth and i have noooo idea what it can be... has anyone had this problem before? I really don't feel like taking my dash apart and doing this blind. Any help would be great thanks.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of
Default Re: 00 Civic Si question..

motor/tranns mounts possibly. Does the car vibrate somewhat when this happens?
Old 09-28-2007, 02:57 AM
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

front sway arm link bushings are very common on those...might also want to check the upper control arm bushings

Last edited by sprack; 09-28-2007 at 02:58 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-28-2007, 05:16 AM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Just give it to me...then you won't hear shit. haha.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

probably a bad bushing. Is it a metal to metal type "clunck"?
Old 09-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

00CivicSi has disabled reputation

I dont know it's hard to explain.. like.. it's not really metal to metal.. but its something hard maybe plastic.. hitting metal or.. more plastic. I was thinking the rear motor mount, but i checked it out as best as I could see and it doesnt appear to be broken.. ..but it does seem like it's coming from under/behind the gauge cluster.. it's really annoying..lol.. it's kind of like... when the car is braking and the car is leaning forward some when this happens or when the car is going and the car is leaning back after giving it some gas. Something either game loose I think or broke and is moving around in there.. just reallllyyyy dont want to have to take the dash apart. Maybe if I take the cluster out and see what i can see..