Notices
Sponsor Marketplace Support those who support VADriven! This forum is restricted to businesses and vendors who are VADriven Sponsors. Please consider them when making your next purchase! If you would like to become a sponsor click here.

Stock or Modified Bodyworks

Old 10-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM1_&_ONLY has disabled reputation
Default Re: Stock or Modified Bodyworks

Can't say enough good things about SoM. You guys painted my little sister's civic in June of last year. Washed it this morning and still shines up like it did when we picked it up.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Former Vendor

Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod

thank you very much, always good to hear. We aim to please.

some suby pieces.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:15 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

This may be a dumb question....but what kind of mask paper is that? I've never seen blue before, it looks like the coated paper that a lot of shop floor mats are made out of.

Good looking work, although I was wondering why headlights seem to stay in a lot of the ones getting shot.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:22 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

its USC premium polycoat masking paper. Ive never seen stuff this expensive used as floormats, ha. Its real good masking paper, super smooth on the outside, slick and doesnt attract garbage and dust like crappy green paper alot of shops use.

Im not sure what you mean by "alot" of the ones getting sprayed...in this entire thread there is only 3. and those can be explained below

If insurance doesnt pay to have the headlights taken out, they dont come out, or if the customer is trying to save money on labor time and we can comfortably tape the headlight up without sacrificing prep quality well do it like..(like on a 350z, or an infinity..Its like an hour per headlight to take out as you have to take a ton of stuff off to get the headlight out), or like on the black truck. The customer specifically stated not to take the headlights out as they were brand new and he just put them in and had everything aligned properly, that was fine with us cause there is about a 1/4 inch gap around the headlight beetween any painted part so there was plenty of room for tape off and proper prep of the painting surface. The cadillac sedan was insurance that did not pay to have the headlight taken out as there was sufficient room for tape and prep. The infinity was a labor price thing for a cash customer.

On any custom job like the ones on the first page, or most insurance jobs they come out unless requested.

Im wondering if your seeing the normal backtape and mask that we do when taking out a headlight, even if the headlight is out, most of the time on a front end we will back tape the area where the headlight is and tightly mask it with paper to make sure no dust comes flying out during the paint process, so it looks like a headlight is there, but its not.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 10-17-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:13 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Sounds good to me, I am calling my supplier to see if they have that mask paper. I use normal white paper on my tree, and plastic. Will have to give it a try
Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

who is your supplier, if it sanywhere in the hr they most likely have it.

yea its definitely an upgrade from the normal paper. Its like 48 bucks a roll for us,for the 18inch paper,if I remember right from our supplier. It might be different then that. thats what I think I remember seeing, ha. and it comes in boxes of 2. so roughly a hundred plus dollars for 2 rolls of freaking paper. Its worth it though. good paper, holds up well in the heated booth. im pretty sure its the same price per box for the 12 inch and 6 inch, you just get more rolls of it.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 10-17-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Scraper Biiike is a jewel in the roughScraper Biiike is a jewel in the roughScraper Biiike is a jewel in the rough

Any way I can get a quote to get a rear bumper, lip, and side skirts painted reflex silver (oem vw color)
Old 10-18-2011, 08:12 AM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

Originally Posted by Joey@StockOrMod

excitement is in the air.

<3 soon it will be ready to get painted
Old 10-18-2011, 08:20 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Originally Posted by Scraper Biiike
Any way I can get a quote to get a rear bumper, lip, and side skirts painted reflex silver (oem vw color)
pm im bound.

Originally Posted by RameyBuilt
word. Cant wait to see the final product of this jammy when the motor is in and such.

changing the color up this time or no ?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:38 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by RameyBuilt
holy shit!

finally something with the racecar

Quick Reply: Stock or Modified Bodyworks