Notices
Sponsor Marketplace Support those who support VADriven! This forum is restricted to businesses and vendors who are VADriven Sponsors. Please consider them when making your next purchase! If you would like to become a sponsor click here.

NiRecon **Grand Opening** PPG Quality Paint Jobs, Body Work, Auto Reconditioning

Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NiRecon has disabled reputation
Default Re: NiRecon **Grand Opening** PPG Quality Paint Jobs, Body Work, Auto Reconditioni

starting at $1000 does not include body work, thats for a paint job

ill post some completed pictures of the red hatch later today

we will put the glass if needed, or desired by the customer, its all in what you want.
...obviously the more labor intensive the job is, the higher the price is gonna be.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov
Default Re: NiRecon **Grand Opening** PPG Quality Paint Jobs, Body Work, Auto Reconditioni

What kind of paint do you guys use?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:52 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

how much for a 98 integra front bumper and lip to be painted taffeta white? theres a few minor scratches that can be sanded out with 320. the bumper is currently e-coated and the lip is raw abs plastic
Old 11-24-2012, 04:31 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by PicovAndropov
says PPG in the title, but there are different lines/quality of some brands of paint. For that price I would assume its omni which is the fleet paint of ppg, its used for all over paint jobs. Cant really do panel repairs with it cause it doesnt match very well from one day to the other. its low cost paint that is very volatile and sensitive to temperature, spray pressure etc. Itll come out a different shade if you spray it the next day and you can get a gallon of base, clear and activator for like 120 bucks.. But it works perfectly fine for all over paint jobs and if its laid nice can look just as good as the expensive jank. especially if you take the time to finish properly and sand and buff if needed. But really what do I know, he might be using the good ass stuff so I guess wait for his answer. Im just assuming with the price that its not crazy good paint /clear. But it looks like it gets laid down pretty well.

Im wondering the same thing though, about to start doing some bodywork on my 91 civic, I dont have a place to paint my own stuff anymore and I refuse to do it in my garage, so I might need to go and check these guys out in person, see how well its laid down and how well the prep work is. Might get my car done there and refresh this old civic, if they did a good job they would get my endorsement, and that is hard to earn.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Perhaps they do a booth rental eh?
Old 11-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

We Use the PPG Deltron.
We have used some of the other PPG Products,..Shopline Etc,
for some all over stuff, but the quality of it just isnt there.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PootieTang
how much for a 98 integra front bumper and lip to be painted taffeta white? theres a few minor scratches that can be sanded out with 320. the bumper is currently e-coated and the lip is raw abs plastic
pmed
Old 11-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
says PPG in the title, but there are different lines/quality of some brands of paint. For that price I would assume its omni which is the fleet paint of ppg, its used for all over paint jobs. Cant really do panel repairs with it cause it doesnt match very well from one day to the other. its low cost paint that is very volatile and sensitive to temperature, spray pressure etc. Itll come out a different shade if you spray it the next day and you can get a gallon of base, clear and activator for like 120 bucks.. But it works perfectly fine for all over paint jobs and if its laid nice can look just as good as the expensive jank. especially if you take the time to finish properly and sand and buff if needed. But really what do I know, he might be using the good ass stuff so I guess wait for his answer. Im just assuming with the price that its not crazy good paint /clear. But it looks like it gets laid down pretty well.

Im wondering the same thing though, about to start doing some bodywork on my 91 civic, I dont have a place to paint my own stuff anymore and I refuse to do it in my garage, so I might need to go and check these guys out in person, see how well its laid down and how well the prep work is. Might get my car done there and refresh this old civic, if they did a good job they would get my endorsement, and that is hard to earn.
Yup just like with anything there a wide range of paint products that fall under every brand.
we have experimented with the PPG Shop Line, but for color matching, and knowing the results for every paint job we go with the Deltron line. Every paint makes has an inexpensive line all the way up to a high end, We Really like the PPG System, and it has worked out well for us....and the support from PPG is Outstanding.
Each line has its place, you wouldnt wanna stray Deltron on a Fleet of Work Vans, or something like that because its just not cost effective for us or the customer.

give me a shout whenever you wanna stop by! We are Usually here 7 days a week, working or working on our toys
Old 11-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

Perhaps they do a booth rental eh?
i havent really thought about the idea of booth rental,
but for the right person i dont think it would be a problem.
We are pretty flexible and easy to work with, but obviously not gonna
let someone that has never painted a car to come try it out for themselves,
But for someone that is a professional thats a different story, we try to help make things
as cost effective as possible
Old 11-24-2012, 12:25 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Word. Deltron is not too shabby. Good to know. Might take you up on your offer to stop by one day. Appreciate that.

Quick Reply: NiRecon **Grand Opening** PPG Quality Paint Jobs, Body Work, Auto Reconditioning