Notices
Other Selling, Buying, Trading for Everything Else.
Examples: Furniture, Pets, Clothes, etc.
Be sure to read the rules before creating a thread.

Sick gaming rig!!! SSD, GTX570, 8GB's Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Phenom Quad-Core

Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg
Default Sick gaming rig!!! SSD, GTX570, 8GB's Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Phenom Quad-Core

Name: Kenny
Means of contact: PM
Price: $1,500 w/Razer gear, 1,400 w/o

Description: Ok what I've got is a monster gaming rig that will show any 3k dollar alienware who's boss! This rig is very well maintained and has not been abused in anyway. System was built by me a Professional builder/tech/shop owner on 4/20/12 total investment equals $2,200 in the tower + razer gear + 10hrs build time i.e. cable management + research. If you do a little research you will soon find that some of the fastest components available are in this rig. This is a high-end PC NO off brand b/s was used ALL components have warranties ranging from 3-5yrs just to put it into perspective a machine of this caliber will retail for 3-3.5k new and that is NOT including the cable management + research.
Specs...
Motherboard- ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+, 990 chipset (This is a very nice board and offers plenty of flexibility for the future as it's an AM3+ black socket so this means support for "Bulldozer" & "Steamroller" chips) also is one of very few boards that will support both cross-fire or SLI configurations.
Processor- AMD Phenom II X4 975 @ 4.2GHz, Quad-Core, 8MB total cache, 125watt, C3 revision.
Cooling- Antec H2O Kuhler 620 Liquid cooling, 2x Corsair SP120mm fans on radiator (push/pull), 1x140mm 1x 120mm front intake both fans are Corsair, Scythe 4ch Fan Controller which is setup to control all fans.
Ram-8GB's (2x4GB's) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz, CL9, 9-9-9-24 (If bought @ asking price system will come with 16GB's)
Cable Management Acc- NZXT 24pin sleeved power connector.
Video- EVGA GTX570, 1.2GB GDDR5 (This single card is equal to two GTX560ti's in a SLI configuration so yeah it's a crazy fast card and will definitely handle the crap out of any game you through at it!)
HDD 1- OCZ Vertex 3 SSD SATA3 6GB/s, 120GB MLC OS boot drive. (This is one of the newest and fastest SSD's on market please refer to the many benchmarks online.)
HDD 2-1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.1, SATA3 6GB/s, 64MB cache storage drive. (This is also next to the fastest mechanical drives on the market "of this capacity" only eclipsed by the Seagate XT drive.
Optical Drive- Samsung Blu-Ray player/DVD R/W
Power Supply- Coolermaster M850 SilentPro, 850watt, 80+ certified, fully modular.
Case- Corsair Carbide 300R w/ front panel USB 3.0
OS- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, COA sticker affixed to case will also come with original installation disc.
Keyboard- Razer BlackWidow fully mechanical keyboard. NOT the Stealth Edition so no key backlighting nonetheless still a nice keyboard.
Mouse- Razer NAGA gaming mouse.

Price= FIRM may be in interested in trades like guns, anything with a motor

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvkV0jQ20iw

Last edited by kdawg; 08-30-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:53 AM
under your stairs

Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside
Default Re: Sick gaming rig!!! SSD, GTX570, 8GB's Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Phenom Quad-Core

I built almost exactly the same specs on my rig, with the exception of crossfiring two GPU's together. Well worth it, and good price!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: Sick gaming rig!!! SSD, GTX570, 8GB's Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Phenom Quad-Core

Thanks! if I could afford another GTX570 for SLI I'd do it but wife's already bout to shoot me lol
Old 08-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

TTT!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:12 AM
11B3P

Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th

Price is good, Total cost of parts if you bought them outright now is what he is offering, Processor and Memory are low though, the Processor is Last Years model, so its no longer the best and is discontinued, and the 8GB of Ram is weak in a machine like that anymore. RAM is so cheap you could easily throw more into it. And be careful with the OCZ SSD, OCZ has a high failure rate on them, But the newer ones have less problems. I would also suggest looking into using Hitachi drives as they are a bit better quality and less chance of failure over the seagates, plus the warranties are better. There is a problem when it comes to building machines and trying to sell them, by the time that you go to sell it, the prices of parts has dropped and the specs are no longer the top performer. Unless you have a storefront or a strong customer base its hard to pass off a custom build machine. Especially in Augusta County..You might be able to build a machine with an FX now for the same price. But GLWS.. BTW.. where is your shop? Do you actually have a business site or just out of your home?

Last edited by Airborne29th; 08-20-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for your post and I would just like to clear a few things up, the reason I went with a Phenom instead of an FX series "Bulldozer" one performance is very close and the Phenom II series actually out performs the FX 8150 8core in most cases, second who needs 8cores anyway? there is a reason why the FX series are getting the name "Dozer Flop" that's where the research comes into play.... Also please do a little more research on the OCZ SSD's it's only the higher capacity ones that have a high failure rate BUT this failure rate is across the board not just the OCZ drives, OCZ SSD's are the most reliable SSD's you can buy per millions of reviews. 8GB's of ram is more than enough for this rig haven't noticed one issue yet but I will admit to be future proof 16GB's would be optimal . And I agree 100% with you you can buy and build this rig for around about what I'm asking BUT there is alot more that goes into building a rig than just throwing a bunch of parts together i.e. the cable management, configuring, + research all that is the hard stuff which has been taken care of. Oh, my shop is located at 726 E. Market St. Harrisonburg VA "Fat-Cat Computers" been in business since 1998 and is a store front as of 3-1-2012 I'm the new owner.

Last edited by kdawg; 08-20-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Oh, one more thing Hitachi drives are dependable drives but run very hot! Seagate makes very solid products as a techy with over 17yrs exp. I wouldn't be using one in my personal rig otherwise...
Old 08-29-2012, 05:42 AM
Registered Member

TTT! Price dropped to $1,200 for tower only, machine will be parted out next week if not sold
Old 08-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

TTT, system will now come with 16GB's or ram if bought by the weekend!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

SOLD!!!