Notices
Other Selling, Buying, Trading for Everything Else.
Examples: Furniture, Pets, Clothes, etc.
Be sure to read the rules before creating a thread.

18' Open Trailer

Old 01-26-2010, 03:37 AM
Dork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VT Remmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 18' Open Trailer

$2,000 firm.
Located outside Richmond, VA

Unfortunately, I don't see myself on track again this year and rather than let the trailer sit in the yard for another year I'm putting it up for sale. I bought the trailer in 2007 and used it to get my Integra back and forth to VIR and Summit Point from outside of Richmond, VA through 2008. I didn't go to the track in 2009 and consequently it sat outside my house unmoved since I got it inspected last year (Feb or March, I'm not sure which). I imagine in my ownership I towed with it approximately 8 or 9 times about 400 miles a pull, so figure 3,500 miles under my belt. I'm close friends with the original owner who bought it in 2004 and used it to pull about 7 events/year going to VIR, SP, and Road Atlanta. He probably put approximately 6,000 miles on it. I'd figure it's total miles are under or around 10,000 total. I haven't had any issue with the trailer, it pulls straight and smooth, the trailer sway controller keeps it firmly behind the truck and the electric brakes get the job done very well when paired with a Tekonsha brake controller. Onto the details:

The Good:
-2004 (I think, will check tonight) Dively 18' Dual Axle Open Trailer
-7000 lb GVWR
-Electric Brakes on BOTH axles
-7 pin wiring harness
-Tire w/ plenty of tred
-Full size spare included
-Attached locking toolbox for storage
-Electric winch housed in toolbox (3000 lb I think but not positive)
-Wired with LED brake & turn signal lights across the rear of trailer
-2x12 bolted to driver side runner to allow low profile cars to open door above fixed wheel wells
-Will include trailer sway controller
-Will include 2-5/8" hitch for trailer sway
-Will include trailer lock
-Will include wooden ramp extensions, very helpful on low profile cars
-Will include 4 - 11,000 lb straps and J-hooks to hold your car down (personally, I'd get new straps this year if using the trailer, but there isn't anything wrong with the old ones other than having about 2 years use on them)

The Bad:
-Conduit for rear lights torn out by hitting something on the highway and replaced by me. They function just fine, but if you uncover some wire splices down the road that's where they came from.
-One or two lights have chipped plastic housings, but it's only about $3 to replace them with new units from Walmart, I just haven't done this yet.
-Wheel bearings last repacked with grease in 2008, could stand to be done again.

Pictures (from maiden voyage, will produce current pictures once I'm home during sunlight hours):

Currently have a 2x12 behind this wheel chock to get front fender over it

I'm very sad to sell this, it was one of the best track purchases I made. I hope it serves it future owner as well as it has served me. If there are any questions feel free to message me.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:52 AM
Am Confused

MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18
Default Re: 18' Open Trailer

i have to be giving you a call about this.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:58 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26
Default Re: 18' Open Trailer

dang, that is a good deal on it. glws