Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

XJ Lift

Old 04-18-2011, 07:25 AM
TRU
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: XJ Lift

Rusty's 4.5" kit includes fixed front LCA's and an adjustable trac bar, and I can substitute 180LB front springs. The IRO 4" kit doesnt include track bar or LCA's, but has 230LB front springs for same price (both with rear spring packs). Guess I'll have to find out which brand people prefer and the pro's and con's of each.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

aquickmopar has disabled reputation

I got a rubicon express adjustable trac bar with frame mount i'll sell ya for about 125.00 I gotta get another one cause its rated for about 4-5.5 inches oof lift. And im sitting at about 6.5-7 inches of lift now and can't use it. So might as well sell it and buy another one. So if you go with a kit that doesent come with one. I got one for sale.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

aquickmopar has disabled reputation

Ohh. And iron rock all the way. Rustys is ok but iron rock is a lot better.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

have you looked into Rough Country?

my pieced together lift consists of:

RE full leak packs
Rustys 4.5" front springs
RC Shocks
Rusty's Quick Disco's
RC adjustable trac-bar
ebay 2" spring spacers and 2" shackes
yj brake lin3
RC adjustable LCA's
no-name t-case drop
Old 04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aquickmopar
Ohh. And iron rock all the way. Rustys is ok but iron rock is a lot better.
What is it that your prefer with the IRO over Rusty's? Also, Looking at both 3" and 4.5" kits. Not sure which I want to do.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

go with the bigger lift. you'll regret getting the smaller lift just like anything else if you have the choice.

sure you don't want my lifted xj and R1 for that L? lol

Last edited by BeefCake; 04-18-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:05 PM
TRU
Registered Member

Not a fan of sport bikes... and didn't know you were selling an XJ. Details? PM me
Old 04-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered member

not really sellin it, just offering it for trade + my bike for something nice. miss having a fast car.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:15 PM
TRU
Registered Member

Well both the Lexus and the Lightning are still for sale lol/
Old 04-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

00biggdogg00 is a name known to all00biggdogg00 is a name known to all00biggdogg00 is a name known to all00biggdogg00 is a name known to all00biggdogg00 is a name known to all00biggdogg00 is a name known to all

Ok, heres what I think about your question. Both lifts will give you around 3.5 to 4 inches of lift until the lifts settles, leaving you with around 3 inches. I know a few guys that are running components from both of the companies you have mention. I cant say Ive heard anything bad about IRO other than the typical wrong part being sent a few times which was straitened out asap. I would say that there stuff is well worth the prices they have and is reliable on/off road. With Rusty's, I myself have a 4.5" kit from Rusty's. Well 4.5" coils and 4.5" full leaf packs. I trust there stuff 100% and would not hesitate to purchase from them in the future if they have something I may want. Along with those parts from Rusty's I also have there Adjustable trac bar, trac bar bracket, steering box stiffener, dual steering stablizer set up, and just purchased gears from them and I have ZERO complaints with them for anything!! Eather way you go, you will be getting quality parts and service!!

EDIT: Also, check out Rough Country!! I had an XJ a few years back and ordered a full 3" kit from them and it was a great lift. I also have a few things from Rough Country on my XJ and I have absolutely no problems with there stuff!! Like I said, just check em out

Last edited by 00biggdogg00; 04-18-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: XJ Lift