VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Offroad / 4x4 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/)
-   -   want more flex (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/want-more-flex-326686/)

slammedhardbody 01-02-2010 12:03 PM

want more flex

hey wats up, soo i got this ranger thru a trade and ive tryed flexing it and it doesnt flex tht much so i waz wondering wat i could do to make it flex more?

phyber 01-02-2010 12:07 PM

Re: want more flex

stop expecting a IFS suspenion to flex.

if you want more, or plan on lifting it, use hanging shackles on the rear leafs to lift it. it'll provide a bit more flex.

also, take off ur sway bars. then have fun trying to drive on the road. actually, i wouldnt advise it.

slammedhardbody 01-02-2010 12:18 PM

^^ yea i wasnt planning on removing those, haha im not tryn to flex tha front i waz playn around on my porch and it flexed alittle and then started three wheeling

phyber 01-02-2010 12:27 PM

you wont see more than maybe 2" of wheel travel on the front suspension without removing the sway bar. then with that, you still wont get much more.

if you want the rear to flex more you have to install more points of articulation.

what are you asking for specifically?

doug18 01-03-2010 09:35 AM

they named it Inferior Front Suspension for a reason ... i get the feeling this thread was made as a joke though...

slammedhardbody 01-03-2010 09:42 AM

i wasnt trying to flex the front i kno IFS doesnt move barley, was just tryn to get tha rear stuff a tire, all it did waz flex a tad, im doing a SAS soon so tha truck wont be tht much of a pussy

phyber 01-03-2010 10:18 AM

yes, i understand ur not tryin to flex the front.

you still need more angles to articulate in the rear.

plus bigger tires will help u out more. but flexing alone doesnt mean you'll be better off offroad, just means you can look like ur doing something in a picture.

doug18 01-07-2010 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by phyber (Post 5978218)
yes, i understand ur not tryin to flex the front.

you still need more angles to articulate in the rear.

plus bigger tires will help u out more. but flexing alone doesnt mean you'll be better off offroad, just means you can look like ur doing something in a picture.

true and solid front axle alone does not equal great flex ... take my yota as an example lol but ... with proper springs and setup great flex can be had

comegetsome 01-07-2010 07:36 PM

wait so your trying to say that having good flex means you wont be better off road? how is that possible? there is a huge difference between good usable flex and too much. flex doesnt mean much when it comes to mud but anyone with bigger tires and 4wd can go through mud. its so easy even a caveman can do it lol.

driving with on sways isnt that bad just a little body roll. dunno maybe you get more body roll with IFS (doubt it) as opposed to solid axle. ive driven my heep with no front or rear sways not really that big of a deal to me.

MICK LVN 01-07-2010 07:52 PM

James, you need to go to Independent 4x in Hanover Airpark. Talk to Matt. Tell him that Mick from economy muffler sent you. He will help you/give you good advice. Those guys build some sick rock crawling machines