VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Offroad / 4x4 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/)
-   -   Want 2 change truck back 2 EFI. need feedback (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/want-2-change-truck-back-2-efi-need-feedback-316126/)

tenacious 10-22-2009 08:49 AM

Want 2 change truck back 2 EFI. need feedback

Ok guys, I have this 88 yota 4x4 pickup. it was originally efi but the previoius owner redid the motor and took off the efi and slapped on dual weber sidedraft carbs! Due to the need for more gas, the carbs killed the factory fuel pump. I had plans on finishing up the truck like this but i want to switch it back to EFI. The ecu, and i think all the wiring is still there(i gota double check) All i would need is the intake manifold, fuel rail, injectors, etc. This should be a hard fix right due to the fact that i have all wiriing there still? Also i was wondering should i get aftermarket injectors since the motor has been done w/ high performance parts. Give me some feed back guys and suggestions.

BOREDOMRULE 10-22-2009 09:27 AM

Re: Want 2 change truck back 2 EFI. need feedback

I would assume that there would be an efi kit for this motor that would mount just like the carb. What have you checked online.

Also, get on yota specific forums. Better help there.

tenacious 10-22-2009 09:37 AM

I haven't reallly looked for a kit bcuz everything is there besides the intake, fuel rail, etc.

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn 10-23-2009 04:50 AM

I have a semi-high performance 22re that I just built and put in my toyota in july. The stock injectors should flow enough for what you have going on. I went with a 268 deg tq cam and .30 pistons and I am running stock map. I did not want to go any more crazy than that because a aftermarket comp and fuel system is going to run you around $1200. And for that much money I am putting in a ls1 :D. The only problem I have is it does NOT like 89 octane fuel. You must run 93

JDM74 10-23-2009 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by tenacious (Post 5755070)
Ok guys, I have this 88 yota 4x4 pickup. it was originally efi but the previoius owner redid the motor and took off the efi and slapped on dual weber sidedraft carbs! Due to the need for more gas, the carbs killed the factory fuel pump. I had plans on finishing up the truck like this but i want to switch it back to EFI. The ecu, and i think all the wiring is still there(i gota double check) All i would need is the intake manifold, fuel rail, injectors, etc. This should be a hard fix right due to the fact that i have all wiriing there still? Also i was wondering should i get aftermarket injectors since the motor has been done w/ high performance parts. Give me some feed back guys and suggestions.

Make triple sure the ECU and all that wiring is there. It really is impossible for us to tell you what you need without looking at the truck. Major things you will need are intake (upper and lower), all the EGR tubing or some sort of block off system if you aren't going to run it, air injection system, O2 sensor, TB, Injectors, air box with Air door MAF thing, probably a throttle cable, etc. Since this is EFI truck converted to carb, I'm sure there are a lot of vacuum lines that have been deleted and ports plugged. Sounds like a giant headache trying to figure out what somebody else has done in a conversion like this. Good luck, and get yourself a Hayne's manual.

tenacious 10-28-2009 08:58 AM

I got a deal goin on now. i'm trying to get rid of it. I don't want it for the simple fact i will have to put a snorkle on it if i go in the mud, etc. Thats sum i don't want to bother with. if i can get a digi cam i'll post pix & put it up here for sale.