Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Toyota 4x4 pulls to the left

Old 06-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Back in a TOYOTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idrivetoys has disabled reputation
Default Toyota 4x4 pulls to the left

Ok so the truck is a 1995 and it pulls to the left, in the last week it had new ball joints replaced upper and lower, new bearings left and right, and the brakes seem to be fine, no lower pads on either side compared and there is no unnecasary brake dust, no noises

and on top of all this the alignment was done today and everything is corrected out and it still does it, so a few hundred later and im getting irritated. Carfax shows a minor front end accident a while back but there is nothing to support any damage to the frame that i can see, any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Fife
Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck
Default Re: Toyota 4x4 pulls to the left

just pulls when ur driving? or when you hit the brakes? or what? .. . . also ya check your tire preassure . . low tire preassure on one side will cause it to pull to . . .
Old 06-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Back in a TOYOTA

tires just mounted and balanced the other day but i will check it again tonight, but it did it on previous tires as well, it doesnt do it anymore when braking actually probably less not sure ill check that as well, just driving and its irritating as hell to hold the wheel to the right some when just highway driving and not to mention i dont feel like wearing out the baja claws.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

One of the calipers might not be working all the way.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:04 AM
Back in a TOYOTA

The "pulling" is not affected by braking, it does it when just driving.

Fife
Old 06-27-2008, 05:17 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

well if a caliper sticks closed a little or a brake hose is bad (which can cause a caliper to stick) it can pull one way . . but usually but not always it will pull the other way when ya hit the brakes .. . ya might drive it for a few miles . . get out and carefully touch the wheels . . . if one is hot and the other isn't then it is probably a brake sticking. . . if both are cold then no worries . . . dont touch the rotors . . .they are a little warm lol
Old 06-27-2008, 05:36 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Check for caliper glow... that would indicate a "stuck/siezed caliper"
Check your control arms...
Old 06-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Back in a TOYOTA

I'll do the wheel touch test but i know its not a hard stick ive had that issue before, i also read up where there can be a defective tire or sometimes if you just rotate the tires it will fix the issue, ie move them to the back, ill be heading to the Base hobby shop at lunch to rotate and when i get there ill do the wheel check for more than average heat. Suspension looks to be perfectly fine but ill check that also, truck doesnt get off roaded just driven.

fife
Old 06-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

broncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond repute

could be a broken birfield..... what year is it again
Old 06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

willie has disabled reputation

who put your wheel berings in because the one side may be to tight and that may be causing your pull and the brakes may be doing it i have a 93 yoter and i just replaced my caliper cause it was stuck but that bitch had 400 thousand on it brake line could be stuck but on which ever way it pulls you have something wrong on that side

Quick Reply: Toyota 4x4 pulls to the left