Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

(title change) Bought an '00 Tacoma 4x4

Old 07-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: (title change) Bought an '00 Tacoma 4x4

I've been looking for something exactly like this FOR OVER A YEAR!!!

It is next to IMPOSSIBLE to find:

-<100k miles
-4x4
-Extended Cab
-Manual
-4 Cyl

I have found a few whacko's asking 10k+ for an 01 model Tacoma..

I'm looking at Hardbodys, Tacoma's, and Rangers right now (want the 4.0l in the ranger if I go that route).

My father has a 95 Hardbody, 220k, stock clutch. Only thing we have ever done to it is change the timing belt, drive shaft center bearing (typically wear out at around 180k), and the oil pressure sensor ($20).

Damn reliable truck and I used to beat the shit out of it when I drove it for a few years...
Old 07-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GaRn
I've been looking for something exactly like this FOR OVER A YEAR!!!

It is next to IMPOSSIBLE to find:

-<100k miles
-4x4
-Extended Cab
-Manual
-4 Cyl

I have found a few whacko's asking 10k+ for an 01 model Tacoma..

I'm looking at Hardbodys, Tacoma's, and Rangers right now (want the 4.0l in the ranger if I go that route).

My father has a 95 Hardbody, 220k, stock clutch. Only thing we have ever done to it is change the timing belt, drive shaft center bearing (typically wear out at around 180k), and the oil pressure sensor ($20).

Damn reliable truck and I used to beat the shit out of it when I drove it for a few years...
I'll keep an eye out for you but why do you want a 4cylinder? Manual trannies are really hard to come by on those.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cootees
I'll keep an eye out for you but why do you want a 4cylinder? Manual trannies are really hard to come by on those.
-Gas mileage
-Timing chain

Those are pretty much the reasons. Plus, the 2.7l seems to have enough grunt for the occasional hauling of crap in the bed. I would probably never tow anything on a regular basis.

I've also been looking for the PreRunner models as well, even though they seem to be auto only.

How are you doing lately?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GaRn
-Gas mileage
-Timing chain

Those are pretty much the reasons. Plus, the 2.7l seems to have enough grunt for the occasional hauling of crap in the bed. I would probably never tow anything on a regular basis.

I've also been looking for the PreRunner models as well, even though they seem to be auto only.

How are you doing lately?
Yeah, they are not bad. Seager used to have one. Personally i'm a big fan of the double cab tacos.

I've been good. The family is doing real good. Just been fighting with the vehicles. Trying to finish up the 4runner so i can start driving it again... gotta replace the motor in my wifes jeep, gotta fix some things in the maxima.. blah, blah blah... the usual. We should be getting a lift put up in the garage soon so that should be a major help and i'm keeping my eye out for a 30's model chevy pickup for a new project.

How have you been?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by cootees
Yeah, they are not bad. Seager used to have one. Personally i'm a big fan of the double cab tacos.

I've been good. The family is doing real good. Just been fighting with the vehicles. Trying to finish up the 4runner so i can start driving it again... gotta replace the motor in my wifes jeep, gotta fix some things in the maxima.. blah, blah blah... the usual. We should be getting a lift put up in the garage soon so that should be a major help and i'm keeping my eye out for a 30's model chevy pickup for a new project.

How have you been?
Sweet, sounds like some fun, haha!

I've been pretty good until today, someone rear ended my wifes car, ugh, she's okay though, thats the main part..

you play paintball? Got a game on this weekend, check the western section there is a thread!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Nice truck

Wish I could help, but I'm just here learning for when I buy a small truck. Good info in here!