VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Offroad / 4x4 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/)
-   -   Superchips worth it? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/superchips-worth-352960/)

whiteWRXtasy 07-01-2010 07:36 AM

Superchips worth it?

Bought a 2010 Titan Pro-4x about a month or 2 ago. Love the truck so far. Looking to get a little better umph out of it as well as a couple extra mpgs? So if any of you have had experience with Superchips let me know. I have been on a couple of Titan Forums and see a bunch for sale, so I'm not sure what to think about that.

Any help or opinions are appreciated.

Computer_Nerd 07-01-2010 07:42 AM

Re: Superchips worth it?

Keep it stock and covered under warranty a little while longer until you are confident there are no gremlins. Chips are good, but there are also plenty of other mods you can do in the meantime while still covered under factory warranty.

whiteWRXtasy 07-01-2010 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Digital4N6 (Post 6414520)
Keep it stock and covered under warranty a little while longer until you are confident there are no gremlins. Chips are good, but there are also plenty of other mods you can do in the meantime while still covered under factory warranty.

I hear you. I'm pretty new to the whole truck world, do you have any tonneau covers you recommend? I've heard some good things about the Bakflip, but I was hoping not to spend that much on a cover. Thanks again for your input.

Computer_Nerd 07-01-2010 10:14 AM

Line-X and a Weatherguard truck box. Tonneau covers are for people who don't use their trucks as trucks.

whiteWRXtasy 07-01-2010 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Digital4N6 (Post 6414800)
Line-X and a Weatherguard truck box. Tonneau covers are for people who don't use their trucks as trucks.

Bed came lined from the factory with the utilitrak rails, so i got that covered

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn 07-01-2010 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Digital4N6 (Post 6414800)

+1

White Devil 07-09-2010 12:58 AM

What you waste in money for chipping your vehicle you can spend on positive mods that generate reliable horsepower/benefits. Anything from airflow, cooling, electrical, suspension, etc..., go a lot further than a $200 ~ $300 chip that says it "guarantees" OMG hoarspowar.

JDM74 07-09-2010 02:04 AM

You need to go back to those Titan forums where you saw them for sale and do some research on whether or not they show any real gains. Then you can decide yourself if the gains (if any) are worth you hard earned money. I doubt there will be many people on here with a superchips tuner on a Nissan Titan.

N/A POWERED 07-19-2010 01:17 PM

superchips are doo doo ran it in my superduty and excursion and no diff. what so ever but yet thats just my opinion

Benz0 07-19-2010 05:58 PM

What Digital said - until the bugs are ironed out don't risk the headache