Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Suggestions for newcomer...

Old 03-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Grrrrrrr!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BigCheese has disabled reputation
Default Suggestions for newcomer...

Hey I've been kicking around the idea of getting a truck for the past couple years and now I'm ready. I was just wondering does anyone have any suggestions for a good vehicle to start out with. A buddy of mine told me that I should avoid buying a truck that someone else has lifted...is this sound advice? I really like the old full size blazers from the 70's and 80's. They seem to be easy to find and I like the idea of being able to remove the roof in the summer. Any help/suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Suggestions for newcomer...

Well if you don't know much about lifts then it might be best to buy something without a lift. If you do your research on lifts before hand and can spot ghetto rigged lifts then you can really come out ahead if you buy a vehicle with a lift.

My advice would be to take a buddy with you that knows about trucks and lifts and have them go over it to make sure the lift was done properly.

The k5's(early full size blazers) are good trucks. My brother used to have one. It was easy to work on, parts were cheap.. only bad thing was that it was a gas gussler. 8mpg will start to eat at ya after a while.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:27 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

Originally Posted by cootees
Well if you don't know much about lifts then it might be best to buy something without a lift. If you do your research on lifts before hand and can spot ghetto rigged lifts then you can really come out ahead if you buy a vehicle with a lift.

My advice would be to take a buddy with you that knows about trucks and lifts and have them go over it to make sure the lift was done properly.

The k5's(early full size blazers) are good trucks. My brother used to have one. It was easy to work on, parts were cheap.. only bad thing was that it was a gas gussler. 8mpg will start to eat at ya after a while.
x2. . . btw if ya do get one and dont know that much about them check out carolinak5.com there are some good guys over there and know alot about the older chevys in particular the blazer and pickups
Old 03-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Hannibal bitches

greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug

One thing you definitely want to stay away from is double stacked lift blocks in the rear. I saw this on an Excursion for sale and I lol'd
Old 03-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Grrrrrrr!

BigCheese has disabled reputation

thanks everyone, I've been wanting to do this for awhile and I just want to make sure I do it right.