Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Post a pic of your offroader/4x4.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aquickmopar has disabled reputation
Default Re: Post a pic of your offroader/4x4.

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
That's the tire I'm leaning towards the most, but they're also considerably more expensive from what I've been seeing. Anyone want to help me dig for the best price? I've been encouraged to buy locally, but I'm pretty certain I'm going to be able to get a better deal online and then just pay to have them mounted and balanced.
What size are you looking to get? And what's the best price you've found so far?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered member

DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo

i got some 32's procomp mud terrains forsale! lol
Old 03-24-2011, 03:18 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by OverEasy
Yeah, they are pretty expensive. I'm by NO means calling the KM2 a inferior tire, they are a nasty tire also but imo don't put out like the MTR.

Have you checked out the Wild Country MTX? I know a couple of guys running them and absolutely love them. Air them down and they grip off road really well. I'm thinking about putting them on the Cherokee after it gets lifted. Here's a link. . . http://www.thetiremedic.com/Tires/wild_country_mtx.htm
The guy at NTB tried to pitch me on the Wild Country MTX's... I like the look of them, but I'm going to stick with something better known if I'm going to spend $170+/tire.

Originally Posted by aquickmopar
What size are you looking to get? And what's the best price you've found so far?
33x12.50x15. The thought crossed my mind to go to a 10.50 instead, but I'm not sure the savings in weight in terms of rotational mass will really make a difference in power or economy. It would be easier on the steering, but all of that is eventually going to be upgraded and I will be re-geared in the future as well.

Originally Posted by DubbyDoo
i got some 32's procomp mud terrains forsale! lol
Definitely not interested in used tires, or a 32" tire for that matter. Thanks though!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

YA, I have no idea about NTB... never used them. I know people who have and been ripped by them. I don't blame you... even though WC has been making good tires for a long time. I believe Kelly Springfield makes there tires. Anyway, I would stick with the kevlars, worth the money if you are looking to get into any amount of rock with them.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

I got some used 33x12.50 for sale. I posted pics of them in another thread on here. The thread is (I need some 33" or 35" tires) check them out. In decent shape with rims and a spare tire for a good price.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:59 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Definitely not interested in used tires, or a 32" tire for that matter. Thanks though!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Have you looked into the Cooper STT? They have a pretty good review.

I'm just trying to help with other options man, not sway you from what you want. Just different, affordable tires.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:41 AM
wub wub wub wub

Just got a quote for (4) 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar... $1064, mounted, balanced, and installed. Think it would be worth it to sell my BFG A/T's? I'm not sure how much tread is left but I would think someone might want them for a couple hundred bucks. I just don't want to have tires laying around forever.

The price sound pretty fair though?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Just got a quote for (4) 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar... $1064, mounted, balanced, and installed. Think it would be worth it to sell my BFG A/T's? I'm not sure how much tread is left but I would think someone might want them for a couple hundred bucks. I just don't want to have tires laying around forever.

The price sound pretty fair though?
Ya that sounds like a pretty fair price mounted, balanced, and installed. I think cheapest I found them for was like $200-$225 A tire. And then plus shipping what ever that would be. And then would have to take some were to get mounted and balanced. And your already over the price you were quoted at. So ya sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

As for your A/T's ya go ahead and sell them people are always looking for a spare set of tires that got decent tread, for a reasonable price.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:11 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by aquickmopar
Ya that sounds like a pretty fair price mounted, balanced, and installed. I think cheapest I found them for was like $200-$225 A tire. And then plus shipping what ever that would be. And then would have to take some were to get mounted and balanced. And your already over the price you were quoted at. So ya sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

As for your A/T's ya go ahead and sell them people are always looking for a spare set of tires that got decent tread, for a reasonable price.
I think I found a place in Ohio that does mail order tires that was selling them for like $190 in my size but then you factor in shipping and the additional charge for bringing in your own tires. I understand why these companies charge to install tires you ordered online, but I hate it! lol

Anyone on here want my BFG A/T's? I'd like to know before I decide whether or not to have them dispose of them. I see people selling them on the JeepForum all the time for quite a bit more than I would want. I'll check with Star City Crawlers too but I really just want to make sure I don't have to find a place to keep them. I'd like to get rid of them immediately