VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Offroad / 4x4 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/)
-   -   Poll: stack or no stack? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/poll-stack-no-stack-406898/)

iFoam 08-01-2011 11:08 AM

Poll: stack or no stack?

Read the title.

It's for my truck.

Option A) is go with a single black 8" stack
Option B) is fuck the stack and potential exhaust tickets and get a brush guard.

OverEasy 08-01-2011 11:10 AM

Re: Poll: stack or no stack?

Voted, lol! Only my opinion though.

iFoam 08-01-2011 11:16 AM

I'd like everyones reasoning behind their vote as well :dunno:

irfreddy 08-01-2011 11:20 AM

option C) caleb is gay

OverEasy 08-01-2011 11:22 AM

I have NEVER liked the 'stacks' thing. EVER. I don't like all the punk ass kids that ride around here blowing smoke all over the road either. It's not cool, its not the shit, actually it's pissing people off. There is NO need to do it. If smoke rolls naturally, then by all means.... there is no problem. When you (anyone) decides to be a prick and show off doing it is where the problem starts w/ me.

I think the stacks really look Ghey. I haven't seen a truck yet I like them on. I would never cut a hole in a bed to put one, let alone two. Leave them for the big rigs. My personal opinion is that they make big gay trucks even gayer.

Well, there's my reasoning. Put me on blast if ya like. Opinion won't change. Sorry. If it's your thing, go for it! Your dime, your truck. ;)

iFoam 08-01-2011 11:53 AM

You don't cut 2 holes in your bed. Only 1 (even when you do dual stacks) My truck used to have a stack on it so there is already a small hole in the bed.

I do roll a good amount of smoke pretty naturally (ford 7.3L)

But I've been around trucks /cars for 2 long to run around blowing smoke on people on purpose and driving like a jackass in
general. It pisses everyone off... But I think young kids with stacks have gotten that label because they are like dumb Honda
kids running around "vtec-ing" or "blowing off" on people... So does that make it wrong to have a car with vtec or turbo? No.

boostedvenge 08-01-2011 12:29 PM

I'm with OverEasy on this one. Stacks belong on big rigs and on STOCK vehicles that came with them originally (Little Red Express...and even those aren't "the best looking" with them). As far as the black smoke thing, keep that at the track. On the street, it's annoying, dirty, and just not "cool". Again, not bashing your vehicle, but stacks just aren't my taste.

As far as kids "blowing off" or "vtec-ing"...they're idiots too. Do I drive a vehicle that has VTEC? Yes. Do I drive around popping VTEC anywhere/everywhere I go? No. Why not? Cuz it's annoying and pointless. Maybe I'm just "too old" these days, but stacks are just as annoying as the "I'm gonna race everywhere I go and pop VTEC and 'blow-ff' every chance I get!"-kids.

irfreddy 08-01-2011 12:34 PM

mine came with one, and its welded for some reason. but they only smoke a lot when you have a tuner. normal driving they still smoke but very minimal. non turbo engines seem to smoke a bit more then a turbo cause it takes a slight bit more effort to get up to speed with it.

if your truck is gonna blow smoke, its best to have a stack. imagine sitting next to a diesel with tailpipes, he takes off and blows the smoke all over your car and windows DIRECTLY. with a stack it shoots straight up in the air and just flows with the wind and makes a black cloud. yes ive seen 1 person behind me turn their headlights on but atleast its not on the side of their car.

and i try to be reasonable driving and keep it minimal, but a non turbo is harder to do that. i only floor it if i wanna watch the smoke and no ones around.

Brandons96 08-01-2011 12:48 PM

I'm curious as to know why you would consider getting a brush guard? I'm pretty confident you won't be banging that thing up any woody ORV trails much less rock climbing. I mean if you were to you'd want something quality on the front end like Road Armor or even something custom made.. My point is, a brush guard on a lifted (or purpose built) truck makes as much sense as 97% of the dorks on here that throw wings on the back of their Hondas. The other 3% throw non-functional splitters on the front of their S2000's.

I say dual 4-5" stacks, a single 8" is just way too much. At least they have function..

EDIT -- 8" is just too much, 6" single stack? ehhhokay.

BAN HAMMER 08-01-2011 01:14 PM

one single 8". dont make it blingy, dont make it gay looking. Dual stacks are so fucking stupid IMO, especially on inline 6 cummins dodges.