VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Offroad / 4x4 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/)
-   -   POLL: keep my truck, build an offroader..... or..... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/poll-keep-my-truck-build-offroader-418466/)

iFoam 11-01-2011 08:22 PM

POLL: keep my truck, build an offroader..... or.....

ok guys.... i keep flip flopping back and forth with these ideas... me and the clam have been talking and trying to decide what do do and im torn....

Idea 1: keep my diesel, sell my jeep and build a decent little daily / trail rig

Idea 2: sell both and pick up a nice newer diesel

ok as some of you guys know me and the girl are going to try and have a kid / start a family etc.... so im debating on getting something w/ a lot less miles than whats on my diesel and just something NEWER

or just keeping my truck... fixing a few things with it and selling the jeep and building a decent little off road rig / toy... but do i really want to have 2 "toys"?

i can comfortably afford around $20,000 worth of truck payments so thats not the issue at all.....

what do you guys think???? and dont just vote and not comment.... i want to know WHY you voted the way you did.

Brian_O'Connor 11-01-2011 09:32 PM

Re: POLL: keep my truck, build an offroader..... or.....

Keep the truck, sell jeep, build toy. Why? Build something you like and want. If you want it to be a dailly do it! Keep the Found On Road Dead to haul/tow whatever you need. From the pics I have seen you got some decent money wrapped up in it, so I would keep it. But that is just my opinion, and we know what they say; they are like assholes, everyone has one. In the end it boils down to what YOU want and are looking for.

iFoam 11-01-2011 09:35 PM

thanks for your opinion dude!

-JB- 11-02-2011 04:58 AM

I would lower the diesel, make it a DD, build the fuck out of the Jeep, get a trailer and trailer it to real trails and have GREAT TIME.

If thats not the plan, newer diesel baby hauler.

iFoam 11-02-2011 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by -JB- (Post 7447685)
I would lower the diesel, make it a DD, build the fuck out of the Jeep, get a trailer and trailer it to real trails and have GREAT TIME.

If thats not the plan, newer diesel baby hauler.

my mindset: why go through all the time /hassle lowering my diesel and making it a DD though... i have had offers for 15k on it how it sits... which is a hellofalot more than what i owe on it :dunno:

plus navy fed is offering me a GREAT rate on a new truck.....

grrrr i dunno

Dough_Boy. 11-02-2011 05:34 AM

Sell it all and get an excursion.

L_U_C_K 11-02-2011 05:38 AM

Why would you have to lower the diesel to DD it? It is fine the way it sits.

Sell the truck to me, and buy a new one :)

iFoam 11-02-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Reloaded. (Post 7447735)
Sell it all and get an excursion.

i do wanna stay w/ a pickup....but i've looked at excursions...

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K (Post 7447744)
Why would you have to lower the diesel to DD it? It is fine the way it sits.

Sell the truck to me, and buy a new one :)

check my thread and make me an offer :dunno:

-JB- 11-02-2011 09:11 AM

Sell truck, get new diesel, keep Jeep, get a trailer, WIN WIN. Keep diesel stock, mod Jeep.

SMOKEYBEAR 11-02-2011 02:39 PM

Keep what you have, and build something that has to be towed to the off road location. Dana 60's, spools, 44's, headers like on tractor pullers, 400+ ci, divorced transfer case..ect...ect:D