Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Pitbull tires

Old 12-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx
Default Pitbull tires

Any of you off road guys have any experience with pitbull tires? I have a friend who is a dealer and can get a pretty good deal on them so I was thinking of running a set and seeing how I like them. Any input would be nice, because if its not those im just going to suck it up and finally buy a set of 35x16 boggers.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:40 PM
METH SLURP

pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1
Default Re: Pitbull tires

Is the dealer you're talking about shaker? If so he told me they wear worse than boggers. My friend used to rockcrawl with them up at Paragon and they kept up with my iroks. I'd prob just run the boggers if I were you.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered member

Na not shaker, Farmboy fab down in Florida. I was looking specifically at their "a/t" style tire the growler. I just got rid of my Iroks, which wore surprisingly well being on a superduty. I'm not to to worried about tire wear as I don't drive the truck that much/far normally. Right now I'm stuck between the pitbulls, boggers, and tsl/sx's
Old 12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

tenacious has disabled reputation

is $ not an issue here? the growler's look like they cud do damage even thought they're called AT.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

broncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond repute

35x15.5 tsl sxs, i love sxs haha all though the growler i heard are a pretty decent tire but spin alot in reverse.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by tenacious
is $ not an issue here? the growler's look like they cud do damage even thought they're called AT.
No money really isn't an issue.

Originally Posted by broncomx
35x15.5 tsl sxs, i love sxs haha all though the growler i heard are a pretty decent tire but spin alot in reverse.
Yea there are a few different things im looking at and I really can't decide. 35x16 boggers, 35x15.5 tsl/sx's, 33x15.5 tslxsx's, 33x14 bogger, and the 35x14.5 growler. As for the spinning in reverse, my truck is a street truck and I hate taking it in the mud because its an absolute bitch to clean. Most off road action its going to be seeing if it isn't sold is driving on the beach. Im rolling on some dinky ass 33x12.5 bfg a/ts now and it sucks ha. I don't mind the shorter tire as long as its wide.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

broncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond repute

if moneys no issue. i would do 35x13.5 toyos balooned out on 14 wides or even 12 wides with a 2 inch wheel spacer.. but then again im just a big fan of toyos m/ts lol.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by broncomx
if moneys no issue. i would do 35x13.5 toyos balooned out on 14 wides or even 12 wides with a 2 inch wheel spacer.. but then again im just a big fan of toyos m/ts lol.
I just traded my 17x12s for some 16.5x12s and 2 inch spacers ha. I wanted some 14 wides but im damn near line to line now, and once I put the 15.5s on Im going to be line to line easy. (plus 14 wides for a supershitty are to expensive). Money isn't an issue only because I saved it on the wheels and tires. The toyo's are good tires, just not aggressive enough looking for me.

Those are 2 of my buddies trucks, kinda what im going for. I just have 12 wides instead of their 14 wides. I don't mind because like I said im already damn near line to line as it is. With the 14 to 15.5 or even 16 wides I will be easily over line to line. Im just really torn between running 33s or 35s. Joe and dugans trucks were on 33s. Boggers are 14 wides and the sxs are 15.5.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:37 PM
METH SLURP

pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1

Originally Posted by slowrx
Those are 2 of my buddies trucks, kinda what im going for. I just have 12 wides instead of their 14 wides. I don't mind because like I said im already damn near line to line as it is. With the 14 to 15.5 or even 16 wides I will be easily over line to line. Im just really torn between running 33s or 35s. Joe and dugans trucks were on 33s. Boggers are 14 wides and the sxs are 15.5.
Those trucks are sick. A lot of people hate that look but I disagree. I would def run something similar with a superduty.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Top looks good but I couldn't drive a truck on the street the majority of the time with boggers, tsl swampers would be a much better tire for street duty and occasional mud.

And the second truck looks like shit. Not exactly sure how that setup would perform, but I'm guessing not good. Width of tires really isn't nearly as crucial as many people think, I wish I had 10.50's instead of 12.50s right now.

Look into the nitto mud terrain, my buddy has them on a f350, 35x14 I think and they daily drive fine and eat in the mud. Looks great too.

Last edited by catfSSh; 12-25-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Pitbull tires