Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Personal Truck Challenge 2005

Old 09-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Personal Truck Challenge 2005

Ok well Im going to be buying a new truck hopefully in the next 6 month. Im just creating this thread to get some opinions on all of the new types of trucks available. So if you own or have test drove them drop a line for me. I want most of the reviews to be based off Crewcabs and Extended cabs only. Im not big on standard cab trucks.. just not enough inside room.

This is for 4x4 trucks only

Toyota Tacoma
Toyota Tundra

GMC 1500
GMC 2500

Chevrolet 1500
Chevrolet 2500

Ford F-150
Ford F-250

Nissan Titan
Nissan Frontier

Honda Ridgeline

Dodge 1500
Dodge 2500
Old 09-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Re: Personal Truck Challenge 2005

My dad owns a 2005 GMC 2500HD with the Duramax diesel and well, it seems to be a very well made truck. It's a crew cab shortbed 4x4 and I love to drive it.

Being a 2500HD it rides a little rough just around town but seems to ride better with a load.

I love the styling of the GMC's over the Chevrolet front ends... there is just something about the headlights I dont like.

For a price around 38K it is a little out of reach for me right now. Im trying to stay around high 20's or possibly low 30's. This will most likely eliminate the 2500's and F-250's.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:44 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

I have a 2001 F-150 Supercrew, and love it. Full size 4 door. Lemme know if you wanna know more.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Originally Posted by geonfreaq
I have a 2001 F-150 Supercrew, and love it. Full size 4 door. Lemme know if you wanna know more.
Well tell me the pro's and con's of it. The gas mileage/engine/drivetrain.... how it does around town the simple stuff.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

i've got an '02 silverado 1500 ECSB 5.3L Auto Z-71, and love it...it rides VERY nice. i was supprised when i first drove it, cause i was expecting the usual harsh truck ride...

gas mileage...i average between 15-16 in the city on the 26 gallon tank. hauling a dsm on a 1700 lb trailer i got between 13-14 around town in decently heavy traffic. i took a trip to charlottesville, va and dont know the mileage, but about 200 miles on 1/4 tank.

hauling with the dsm on th trailer, you wouldnt really notice it unless you were going up a grade honestly.

i havent really found any cons, cept for the solenoids clicking in the tranny, but no biggie there...hmmm...thats really the only complaint i have

i'd def look into the ram or the titan. the ram was my first choice, but the one i was going to get, they sold it off the truck
Old 09-05-2005, 06:28 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Honda Ridgeline
These don't have 4x4. They have the AWD system found in the Odyssey, and are FWD until it senses traction loss.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:21 AM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Well tell me the pro's and con's of it. The gas mileage/engine/drivetrain.... how it does around town the simple stuff.
Its really comfy and roomy. I think it has the largest cabin of any full size 4 door. It feels like it anyway. around town its good, and soaxs up bumps and shit. Gas isnt too great tho. 30 Gallon tank. I get about 15-18mpg city/highway. But that is better than a Dodge HEMI. I have the Lariat version, so I have power everything, 5.4L V8, leather, and a little more ground clearance that the base models.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:53 AM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spic
These don't have 4x4. They have the AWD system found in the Odyssey, and are FWD until it senses traction loss.
I heard the diffs were easy to break, causeing the thing to have a really low tow rating??
Old 09-23-2005, 12:40 PM
whats hood?

BLUE ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

Tundra's suck huge cock. I own one.

Wanna buy it?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:22 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

I would definately buy a Tundra for the sole reasons of styling, reliable and quality. A friend has a 04 Titan and with only 20k miles it has sqeaks and rattles and was worthless off road. Just drive them all and decide.

Quick Reply: Personal Truck Challenge 2005