Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Outerbanks Camping on Beach

Old 07-31-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm bigger than you!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chucktastic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Outerbanks Camping on Beach

Couldnt see this anywhere,

Anyone know the rules on camping on the beach in the outerbanks? Planning a FSB event down there and Im pretty sure as long as there is a pole in the water and someone 'awake' then we should be fine.

Any suggestions on where to go? Not sure if we want to go all the way down to Hatteras island but more likely Nags Head/Frisco area.

Heading down weekend after next to scout some areas and also need to know where you can have bonfires too. Dont know how illegal those are.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:41 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco
Default Re: Outerbanks Camping on Beach

i'm not sure about camping on the beach, but the sherrif down by frisco told us bonfires were illegal
Old 07-31-2007, 06:45 PM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

You cannot camp on the beach. You can stay on the beach all night long if you are actively fishing. They won't hesitate to give you a steep ticket for camping on the beach either. Bonfires are also illegal.

http://www.outer-banks.com/visitor-info/offroad.asp

Also, you can only drive on Oregon inlet area. And any area from Ramp 23 south to Frisco. (This excludes pea island and the refuge and all of rodanthe down to salvo/avon). Ramp 23 is the first ramp passed the town.

You can only camp at designated sites. (Frisco Woods, Oregon Inlet campsites frisco camp site, hatteras camp site and all the KOA's and shit).
Old 07-31-2007, 07:01 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

We just usually camp at the Oregon Inlet campsite. 20 bucks a night for a spot.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:18 AM
I'm bigger than you!

Originally Posted by Crate
You cannot camp on the beach. You can stay on the beach all night long if you are actively fishing. They won't hesitate to give you a steep ticket for camping on the beach either. Bonfires are also illegal.
So if there if 5-15 trucks in the group as long as a few of people actively fishing then the rest of the people (women/children/dogs) can sleep?

Guess it really depends on how much of a hard ass the cops want to be.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:30 PM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb

I was just down at Hatteras for the 4th and I asked a ranger when I was on the beach if fires were legal he said YES. I had fires on the beach plenty of times.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm bigger than you!

thats good to know. Didn't want to drive that far south but I guess we need to go to have a good time!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

mightywhitey has disabled reputation

i went down to hatteras 2 weeks ago and the ranger told me u cannot sleep on the beach pretty much. nothing about a pole either. he said no tents either. but every night we had a bonfire on the beach and alot of other people did too out there lol. i dont know about anything in nags head or that area, i just drive by on my way down haha
Old 08-03-2007, 04:49 AM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

Ya, my bad. The fires are illegal in townships unless you get a permit. Ya, the hole camping on the beach thing is probably not gonna fly w/ a pole in the water thing anymore. Especially now that all the wetlands and beach access are under scrutiny because of the idiot from VA that went and ran over the roped off area where the turtle nesting and bird nesting area is. A ranger busted him and fined him 2000 bucks and he got a lawyer and its in trial and it caught the attention of the Save the Wildlife people and now they are pushing to have the beach access' closed because they are claiming the conditions are inadequate for wildlife and that the agencies have not done anything to prevent people from going crazy down there... they have no fuckn clue what they are talking about basically. there are speed limit signs, paths, ropes, and constant ranger patrol. I dont know what else they expect the people to do... but when your a tree hugger sitting in your eco friendly house in DC you prolly have no clue anyway.

But ya, get on it while you can. =]
Old 08-11-2007, 10:06 AM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

That is incorrect about the fact that you cannot camp on the beach. You can in fact camp on the beach. You have to get the permit from a park ranger office and its 250 dollars a night per person. So you actually can but its very expensive!