Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Offroading / camping spots

Old 08-03-2010, 07:41 AM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Offroading / camping spots

I'm about to pick up a toy hauler and a couple MX bikes and a Jet ski. I'm also considering picking up a 4 wheeler or possibly even a Polaris RZR. What I'd like to know is, are there are any good camping spots where you can drive a full size RV, stay for a few days, and just trail ride all you'd like? I know the tree huggers got rid of a good one out in western North Carolina/Tennesee.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:36 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Offroading / camping spots

Nemacolin Resort. Look into it, they have an amazing Jeep trail. Not sure about 4x4 trails. State Parks will prohibit motorized trail riding, afaik. However, you could contact private hunt clubs all over the state and ask to rent their land for a few days (typically $40-100/day) during the non-hunt seasons as there should be already some good hiking trails there. Could also call around to some custom bike shops (not the retail places) and ask for local spots that are non-local (don't have to grow up with or be kin to the landowners) friendly. I see a few toy haulers in campgrounds.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 AM
HHIC

Found this place... it looks cool based on their website. Anybody ever been?

http://www.buscobeach.com/
Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

Benz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond repute

We got to Pinnicle Beach in Crumpler, WVa every year and LOVE it..

It backs up to the hatfield and McCoy ATV park...as long as you have a gooseneck toy hauler you shouldn't have an issue with access there. There is one tight turn on the access road that gives people a problem
Old 08-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Benz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flite
Found this place... it looks cool based on their website. Anybody ever been?

http://www.buscobeach.com/
That place looks like fun

Oh if you ever plan on doubling on an ATV...a majority will NOT allow you to do this even Hatfield McCoy (just saying) Some even won't allow it if you even have the seat for a double....only side by sides
Old 08-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

Hatfield McCoy had no issue with the two person quads running 2up.

I have quite a few friends that go to Busco all the time. Its a drinking, partying, getting really dirty kind of place.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ProjektPhoto

I have quite a few friends that go to Busco all the time. Its a drinking, partying, getting really dirty kind of place.
well they must have changed that recently....thanks! I like H&M but my son wasn't old enough to drive his own so he rode with me on mine the other times he came with us and pinnicle wasn't worried about doubling only at your own risk

I might have to look into the Buscoe beach...looks like a nice place :cheers:
Old 08-03-2010, 11:27 AM
HHIC

Originally Posted by ProjektPhoto

Well that just sounds terrific... I'm ATV shopping right now trying to decide what to buy. You almost have to have 2 of 'em.

Benz0, this is the hauler in question:
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 AM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

I got to busco all the time it's a blast i also have a rzr (Walker Evans edition) and a yfz450.. what you buy depends on the riding you do, but busco has trails for every person and style of riding.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:59 AM
HHIC

Originally Posted by execelon
I got to busco all the time it's a blast i also have a rzr (Walker Evans edition) and a yfz450.. what you buy depends on the riding you do, but busco has trails for every person and style of riding.
An RZR is definitely on the list of possibilities. I'm almost certainly going to get myself an Outlaw 525. The only problem with getting an RZR is that if that goes in the back of the hauler, nothing else will fit. I can fit two standard size ATVs or one and a couple bikes. Whatever the second one ends up being will depend on my wife. It will probably be something that's easy to ride, and I'd prefer 4wd so we could play in the mud a little bit too. If we get an RZR, it will be our only ATV, and then we'll just keep a motorcycle.

Quick Reply: Offroading / camping spots