Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Nitto Terra Grapplers, and other rec.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:20 PM
'69 Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gearhead2012 has disabled reputation
Default Nitto Terra Grapplers, and other rec.

ok, so I'm looking at gettins some tires here in a few weeks, and there's a lot of choices out there. I'll admit most of my driving is on paved roads, but that's just because I'm mostly stock for now, and there isn't much in the way of lifting Chevy Trailblazers yet. I go down to the beach a lot in the summer, and may go in the mud once in a blue moon, but I'm really just looking for something reasonable on price, that's halfway quiet on the highway, and will do good on the sand. I want to the Nitto Dune Grapplers, because they fit my needs to a tee...but they don't make them in a size I can use yet. I've done a little research on the Terra Grapplers...has anyone had them, and what did you think of them. I can't clear anything bigger than a 32, and it's going on either a 16 or 17 inch rim. I'm looking at 265/75R16, or 265/70R17. Also, if there's any other tires out there you'd recomend, what are they? Thanks.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:08 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nitto Terra Grapplers, and other rec.

I know many guys that have run the terra grapplers on their 4runners and have loved them both on and off road.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

05chevyyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Used to run terra grapplers on my f-150, they are good on road but not so great off road. My buddy has 35 inch terra grapplers on his dodge, and lets just say I have pulled him out a few times . Bfg a/t is always a good tire, also not amazing off road but not too bad. Get yourself some mickey tompson atz's, I run them on my silverado and they have been great to me.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

xp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these parts

atz's are nice if you like expensive odly sized tires........i had terra grapplers on my ranger when i had 33's and they were awsome, i could go places that guys on m/t's were going through with out much of a problem, yes they are an a/t but there a good one, ive had bfg's and they are a great tire as well but once you start looking to put them on 16+ inch rims they tend to get pricey but the nittos arnt that bad price wise, im looking to get me some again very soon
Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 PM
'69 Mustang

I had looked at the BFG at's...you see so many of them, so I figured they must be good, and indeed they are, but as you said, above a 16, they are pricey, which is the only reason I'd be going with them. I had also looked at the ATZ's, but I couldn't find some in the size I was looking for. I had also looked at the MTX's and may go with those too. 05 Chevyyy - what kind of offroading were you doing that made you kinda think they sucked offroad? Like I said, I do mostly sand stuff (now)...I'm also looking at the Toyo Open country's...any word on those?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:34 PM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

I'm looking at the MAXIS "trepadors" . They have had good reviews from what I have found. It's between those or IROK radials. I'm currently running parnelli Jones "dirt grips".

www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/index.php

Top 2 categories, M/T and A/T reviews and info, or on the left in the "tech " section, scroll down, on the right side of the page more info and reviews.

Last edited by SMOKEYBEAR; 03-13-2007 at 11:09 PM. Reason: link
Old 03-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

05chevyyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gearhead2012
I had looked at the BFG at's...you see so many of them, so I figured they must be good, and indeed they are, but as you said, above a 16, they are pricey, which is the only reason I'd be going with them. I had also looked at the ATZ's, but I couldn't find some in the size I was looking for. I had also looked at the MTX's and may go with those too. 05 Chevyyy - what kind of offroading were you doing that made you kinda think they sucked offroad? Like I said, I do mostly sand stuff (now)...I'm also looking at the Toyo Open country's...any word on those?
BFG's will do you just fine in the sand, they are absolute shit in the mud. I have them on my f150 now and they are good in the sand and snow, but horrible in the mud. I have a buddy with a hummer H1 with bfg at's and he hates them. But like I said, they are good in the sand and great on road. Could always get some nitto dune grapplers lol, I have never seen them in anything bigger than a 32" my sister has them on her truck....look kinda gay but they do great in the sand. Toyo oc's are a good tire alson.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

xp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these parts

toyo open countrys are just an overpriced terra grappler or bfg a/t, go with the nittos you will def be happy
Old 03-14-2007, 01:12 PM
'69 Mustang

Cool, yeah...I'm leaning towards the nitto terra grapplers, just because they are cheap, and fit what I should need them for. I'd love to get the Dune Grapplers...but there just isn't the selection of wheel sizes yet, mostly 20" wheels. I'm going to go with a 17" wheel, and that puts a set of BFG at's way more expensive than the Nittos. I can get the Terra Grapplers for 120 a piece in a 17" wheel, in a 265/70R17.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

where did you find that deal at??

Quick Reply: Nitto Terra Grapplers, and other rec.