Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Need some tire advise from you truck guys... super swampers, how loud?

Old 07-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Need some tire advise from you truck guys... super swampers, how loud?

I'm probably going to pickup a pretty much brand new set for my '87 Toyota beater/daily. How fast do these things wear out? How loud are they? Are they anoying? Will the truck ride better with them?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ
Default Re: Need some tire advise from you truck guys... super swampers, how loud?

depends traditionaly super swampers wear out quick. there noisey and very nobby
Old 07-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Need some tire advise from you truck guys... super swampers, how loud?

I figured that out... and talked w/ my pops (he used to have a 72 Blazer on huge tires). I'm not getting them... don't need the high noise and low tire life on a daily commuter truck.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:35 PM
INTERNET PIMP

2.3Liter is on a distinguished road

Well i ran 3 sets on mine.(83 toyota) I honestly as in wear and loudness was the #1Thornbirds #2 Swampers #3 boggers.
and ride better.. compared to what? you will have a decent ride a little ruff compared to your suspension setup. but tire wise. noisy yes a good nice WHINe down the highway
Old 07-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack

Theres a few different types of swampers that you can get. Best thing i can tell you is swing by my work sometime and id be happy to show you differences and help you pick out what tire would be best.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

why supper swampers?

bfg at's are the best tires ive seen so far
Old 07-30-2005, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

broncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond repute

what kinda terrian will you be driving on beside the road??
Old 07-30-2005, 10:22 PM
follow me if you can

bigd0915 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vasponger
why supper swampers?

bfg at's are the best tires ive seen so far
shit.... for sand or snow.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:20 AM
none

RepairMan is an unknown quantity at this point

BFG Muds have a great wear life, aren't noisey, stay balanced and will get you through most terrain.

I kick myself for gettin these interco (makers of superswamper) truxus mud terrains. They'll be worn out in around 25k, if that, and they've never balanced well. One of them came to me out of round, which is evedentally a common problem with interco tires.

Last edited by RepairMan; 07-31-2005 at 05:25 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

bs on the muds, they suck in snow, we went back to ATs

at's are great in snow, sand they arent bad.

our dueller mt's? sucked in sand and snow, they wear horrible and were loud as hell

Quick Reply: Need some tire advise from you truck guys... super swampers, how loud?