Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

nc beach rules

Old 02-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zmrasta is on a distinguished road
Default nc beach rules

does anyone know the rules on the beach down at the oregon inlet and corolla cause a few friends and me are goin this weekend and we are not trying to get in trouble with cops on the beach

thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 AM
zukake

F2Tzoomzoom has disabled reputation
Default Re: nc beach rules

as far as i know, you can drive on the sand, with out any problems, but they do have usually one cop vehicle cruisin up and down..... so dont drive to fast or do anything stupid, i watched them pull somoeone over last time i went..... as long as you aren't stupid you're fine.

if you're looking to tear it up on some sand... this is not the place
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin

jus be cool....don't drive like a bat outta hell while on the sand an they won't mess with ya. to the cops out there....they are pretty cool!!! lol i went up to one on the beach last Memorial day with a beer in my hand an drank it while i was chattin with him.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

05chevyyy is an unknown quantity at this point

dont hit any stumps lol, i have been there a number of times where some dumbass has had there truck stuck on a stump.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

VB_Rover is an unknown quantity at this point

Rules vary from town to town. Some towns require a permit, some do not allow it at all, and some have few restricts. Stay OFF the beach in Pea Island NWR. Stay off the dunes. Those two things will attract more attention than anything. Enter/exit only at the entrance "ramps". Speed limit is usually 25. Carova is pretty nice, a small community just north of Corolla. No paved roads to get there, they are completely on the beach.

http://www.outer-banks.nc.us/newsinfo/randr.htm#bchdrv
Old 02-22-2007, 12:13 PM
wizzane

12sec442 has disabled reputation

no rules really, except for speed limit and stay off the dunes, and thats a big one, i was pulled over because i ran over a patch of grass in the middle of the beach not thinking it was considered a dune, it was not even bigger then my tire, but no big deal i didnt get a ticket or anything. You can have fires on the beach in most places but i would call the local police or FD and ask just to make sure.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

zmrasta is on a distinguished road

went yesterday less than 5 minutes on the beach. my buddy and me were ridin side by side said we were racin goin 25. total buzzkill for the rest of the day he let us off though
Old 02-26-2007, 09:14 AM
wizzane

12sec442 has disabled reputation

they dont like people who mess around down there, not saying you did, but its easy to start having "fun" in the sand and not realize what ur doing
Old 03-01-2007, 08:09 AM
enya mouf

DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU

+1 on the patches of grass. I went over a dune that was LESS than 1' tall (defined as mounds of sand with live grass) and was fined $250 by some dyke ass Park Ranger who even had the balls to tell me they target VA tags and younger drivers (I was @24 at the time). She was also trying to get us for disruption of wildlife and said we were driving through flocks of birds because they flew away when we drove by them (?) but couldn't prove it so she let me off that one. She literally followed my tracks back to the 1' "dune" and took pics. That's a FEDERAL offense.

Funny thing is... I think they pick and choose. We got pulled in Carova for 'looking' like we were speeding around people fishing (cop was WAY in the distance) and while we were sitting there talking with the cop, a Liberty blew by us at WAY over the limit and he just said 'yep... I'll get him later' and he went the other way when he left ?!?

But all in all... it's an awesome place to go and fish, hang out with your peeps, get your beach on, or whatever. Just don't speed, do donuts, drive on dunes, or fall asleep on the beach.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:16 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

you can fall asleep as long as your fishing, lol. just have your rod cast with no bait and hold onto it and doze off....

Quick Reply: nc beach rules