Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

lift?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bst122592 has disabled reputation
Default lift?

Is rough country a good lift if not what are some that are good?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:50 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K
Default Re: lift?

Their product use to be crap, but they have really improved and modernized everything. I think it is a good product for the price.

Other include, BDS, Skyjacker, Fabtech..
Old 12-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab

I am currently running a Rough Country lift on my JK Jeep. Other then blowing 1 shock within 5000 miles (they replaced no questions asked) I have not had any issues. Their customer support is great also.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

I copied this and posted it from another forum that I'm a member on as well. This question popped up there to. I think the guy answers this well.

"This is to explain where alot of negative comes from about Rough Country as well as to give you some insight and history behind the company.

1) 8 plus years ago product sucked, quality sucked well just everything about Rough Country pretty much sucked.

As many many would not know, Rough Country has been around for about 30 plus years however it was owned by another company on the west coast. When Heckethorne Off-Road bought the name in mid 90's they also bought thousands and thousands of inventory. That inventory sucked, it was awful and rode like crap. About this time came the boom of the internet and with so came public forums. Yes it was bad so yes people bought it and complained to anyone that would listen, and people did.

Jump ahead to 2001 Rough Country hires its first R&D engineer and started to mfg better quality kits for the newer vehicles and jeeps. (the birth of the original x series lifts) now we are at 2005 and after only a few kits were released and some sub-par we realized we needed a new engineer. Gave a few guys some chances and no one could deliver what we were looking for. 2007 we open our new R&D shop and purchase all new state of the art equipment and finally someone over the shop that was good at was he does. (remember we live in a town of 28k population with nothing around so finding good help is almost impossible) We have over the past 3 to 4 years really came out with some great products as well as went back to some of our older stuff and redesigned them to get them up to par.

2) I truly believe there is more negative PR then alot of other companies is pure volume. When there is more product out there, there is going to be more people to complain. The funny thing is we here at RC HQ hear very little about all these so called problems and feel alot of it is bandwagon haters from back when we should of been hated on haha."

OP
Another thing is, it all depends on what you're looking to get into. If its a look your just going for there are cheaper routes you can go. If its performance you want there are plenty companies that specialize in certain things. If you want a fine medium between the two its plenty out that make those lifts as well.

Please post what your plans are for this vehicle if you want to discuss, start a build thread of sorts . . . There are PLENTY of people on here that have knowledge on 4x stuff.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

another thing i saw when looking at lifts,

dont just compare prices on say 3" lift vs 3" lift

a lot of the kits come with different parts, or more parts then others.