Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Help needed in purchasing a diesel truck

Old 06-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Hereeeeesss Beezyy!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris
Default Help needed in purchasing a diesel truck

Hello 4x4fags.

I'm seriously considering for my next vehicle a 2000+ Ford or Chevy diesel truck. Ive had small cars my whole life, and its time for a change.

First question is duramax or powerstroke? Ive had experience with both, and to me, I dont see a difference. They both are just as expensive to maintain, and parts pricing varies little if at all. Does it really come down to just preference? Or is there a reason I should be looking at one over the other?

Second question is, is there a body style I should be looking for that is better than another? I know there is a change in both the fords and chevys around '06, but whats the difference and should I be considering one over the other?

And finally (for now), how many miles is too many miles? I know they will run forever if you do regular maintenance, and Im not really worried about the cost of ownership too much, but I dont want to be left with someone elses shit pile. Price vs. mileage?

Thanks brahz, any help is appreciated, and since I know this site doesnt like it when you post up another forum, post them shits anyway, because I dont give a fuck and I need to make as an informed decision as possible. So links to other sites would be helpful if they contain any of the information Ive asked for, or anything else Im forgetting.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:57 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Re: Help needed in purchasing a diesel truck

Put confederate flags all over it plz. and stacks. and a nutsack hanging from tow hitch.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:59 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

I tend to stray away from a Ford 6.0, if you do get a ford, try and stay with the 7.3.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

From what I hear ford's have turbo problems. Dodges have really good engines, but the transmissions go out. I've never heard bad things about chevy.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:30 AM
QUOTES YOUR DUMBASS

unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
I tend to stray away from a Ford 6.0, if you do get a ford, try and stay with the 7.3.
This.... Stay away from the 6.0 due to turbo problems. I own one and had turbo and headgasket problems luckily under warranty. 7.3 is the way to go. Miles.... anything over 200,000 for the year you are looking for better have maintenance records from the day it was bought. My 6.0 has 260,000 miles one owner and has all records. My 7.3 has 400,000 original miles one owner and all records and never had an engine problem. Dodge makes great power for cheap but auto trans 99% of the time have major problems. Chevy makes a great truck, very expensive and I've never owned one so I can't comment on it to much other than the Allison is a very smooth trans. If you can try and stick to a manual trans because they will cause the least amount of problems for trans. On the motor aspect just make sure they have been maintained and they'll run forever. My opinion...... Ford, only cause I own a 400,000 mile original motor.
Originally Posted by REDROCKETEER
From what I hear ford's have turbo problems. Dodges have really good engines, but the transmissions go out. I've never heard bad things about chevy.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 AM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

Chris, call me I can answer your questions.

-Caleb
Old 06-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

aquickmopar has disabled reputation

I would say between the 2 go with a ford. The only thing chevy has got going for them is there allison transmission. But if you do get a ford get the 7.3 model diesel. A good friend of mine owns a car dealer ship here in Fredericksburg V.A. and specializes in lifted trucks. He has a nice ford 7.3 model now at a good price for what its got in it. Here's the link to it and you can check the rest of his inventory from there.

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars...F350_132451637
Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy

get something good and that you like. that means your only choice is ford
Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Hereeeeesss Beezyy!

word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris

I really like the GMC body style, but I am certain I'll never find one in my price range with lower miles. My friend has a 7.3l Ford, and I love driving that thing. I talked to a friend at work and he is pretty much saying what every one on here has said, go with the 7.3l.

Now aquickmopar, good looking out with the link. Thats a bit out of my price range, I'd like something in the sub-15k range.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:50 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Its simple really...

Get a Cummings motor,
with an Allison Transmission,
stick it in a GMC body.
???
Profit

Quick Reply: Help needed in purchasing a diesel truck