Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

help a girl out!

Old 03-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WannaplayNdaMud has disabled reputation
Default help a girl out!

Sooo...I went and looked at a '75 blazer today and fell in love. It's in my price range, my dad says it seems like a sound truck for the year and the price, but he wants me to understand what I’m getting into before I go jumping in a buying an old 4x4. I wanna do my research but I don’t even know where to begin. Any suggestions on books or websites I can check out?? Also, I’m looking for (not terribly expensive) parts for a mid '90s explorer if anyone could recommend a website to check out. I think I’ve been tossed in and told to sink or swim....some one throw me a floaty or something!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab
Default Re: help a girl out!

pics
Old 03-11-2007, 03:05 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

Originally Posted by TurboEH2
pics
+1
Old 03-11-2007, 03:18 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

www.73-87.com
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/

all good websites . . .
I like those years trucks . . that's what mine is . . I have a 78 chevy pickup . . . they are pretty decent trucks just watch out for rust . . . floor boards and supports under the floors and also front radiater support (if ya look under the front you can see the rubber bodymounts towards the front and alot of the time they rust out) . . .
anyhow if it hasn't been messed with would have a dana 44 front and 12 bolt rear . . . both are pretty decent . . . . as long as it's not on i'd say above 38's should be fine (unless it's been swapped out for 1 ton 8 lug stuff) . .
should also have a th350 transmission with a married np203 case . . . . decent combo ran em in my truck for a while but I ended up busting mine with big power and tires . . . also it's probably got a 350 sbc motor in it . . and most defently carburated due to the year . . . alot of the carbs are really cold natured so probably have to pump the gas in the morning and then let it warm up before taking off . . . . overall really decent trucks as long as they haven't been rusted out . . . . what kinda price is the guy asking for it if ya don't mind me asking?
Old 03-11-2007, 03:37 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

The best thing to do with that exploder is....cut yourslef loose and swim to the top...otherwise you may drown!!

Anything with a solid front axle is a good 4x4 candidate, they do require wrench time though, especially an older one.

Are you sold on an old chevy? There are alot of other VERY capable rigs that are much easier...and cheaper to maintain, like a Suzuki Samurai.

Good luck with your choice and welcome to Vadriven4x4!

(this blazer you found wasn't in portsmouth was it?)
Old 03-11-2007, 03:42 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

Originally Posted by XratedSi
Are you sold on an old chevy? There are alot of other VERY capable rigs that are much easier...and cheaper to maintain, like a Suzuki Samurai.
stuck on sammy's huh? . . lol . . dunno about cheaper and easier to maintain . . . everything is real open on something that old . . only got like 2 vacume lines . . no computer . . .parts are really cheap . . . . . .also has no smog stuff on it. . . . but I guess if she doesnt wanna go wheeling or just to get gas milage better get a sammy
Old 03-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

WannaplayNdaMud has disabled reputation

haha. while a chevy is prefered it's not all i will consider. i do, however, Wanna play N da Mud!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned

Hi Skuuu has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TurboEH2
pics
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...riendID=839058
Old 03-12-2007, 05:15 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

chevrolet!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

TrePound has disabled reputation

a girl that doesnt mind gettin dirty. 1/1000000 find right there. cant help you with ya question tho, but all my boys back in tex have old broncos and old chevy square 4x4.

Quick Reply: help a girl out!