Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Got an XJ for FREE!! Ideas?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:31 PM
SPARKLEmotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah
Default Re: Got an XJ for FREE!! Ideas?

Originally Posted by OverEasy
Sounds good, nothing wrong with that!

Yeah, your axles under it now will be fine. I just suggest changing the fluids if they haven't been in a while. Also if the rear has a limited slip or any other traction aid, factory or not, you'll wanna do that on a regular. (change fluids)

They ca be fun! I would still consider the purchase of no more than the 3.5" lift or you'll get into paying big prices for stuff you won't ever need or use. 2, 3, 3.5" will do it pretty good with the 31/ 32"ers.
I planned on going with th budget setup I saw in the link I posted in the OP unless beef cake sells me the springs then ill be using them instead (4" all around) I'll just drop a leaf in the rear and that should put me right at,3.5 in the rear as well as the front.
Originally Posted by BeefCake
Look around on craigslist and local forums and piece a lift together. I pieced my lift together and got everything either brand new or with less than 1000 miles on it, then got wheels and tires and all for about $1000 and it's all quality parts. RE, rustys, n RC stuff.

People say the D35 is weak but I've had no issues with mine turning the 33s and it'll do a mean burnout.

I've got some procomp springs kickin around if you want them. i think they are a 3.5" lift for the front. $50

here's my rig on a 5.5-6" lift and 33x12.5"s
Find out if that is the lift for sure and you have a deal son.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

from what I'm seeing online procomp springs are 3". what you can do ( n what i did) if u wanna a lil more lift for cheap is go on ebay and buy a spring spacer n shckle kit for under $100. spacer is like 1.5" and shackle is adjustable either 1.5 or 2". then u can repack you rear leafs and have a 4.5-5" lift all around for decently cheap.

at that point you're gonna need some front swaybar quick-disco's and some LCA's. I'd recommend an adjustable trac-bar too and a longer rear brake line (yj one is perfect n cheap)
Old 04-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

hell since im not 100% sure of the lift give me $30 n they're yours. oh and at minimum you'll want a t-case drop kit to get rid of bad vibes.

Last edited by BeefCake; 04-12-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Good luck w/ this.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:36 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Originally Posted by BeefCake
from what I'm seeing online procomp springs are 3". what you can do ( n what i did) if u wanna a lil more lift for cheap is go on ebay and buy a spring spacer n shckle kit for under $100.
how bout those and a poly thats an inch bigger? Take a quick look at this link-(you too Over Easy)http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/...udget_Lift.htm

This has the whole dakota "add-some-leafs' type deal you were talking about with the rear and gives me part numbers to the cheaper compatible parts from other models. Sound legit? It looks it to me, not to mention he bags on the nay-sayers. As I searched I found more and more people doing this except with subtle differences here and there.

Last edited by FObangah; 04-12-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:44 PM
SPARKLEmotion

PS: + rape for all help. LOL at Brandon going from 2 reds to 2 greens off one + rep
Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

Man. I'm jealous.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 PM
OCD Fag.

Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96

Originally Posted by FObangah
LOL at Brandon going from 2 reds to 2 greens off one + rep
FML. vaDriven ruins me.... nobody likes me..
Old 04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by FObangah
how bout those and a poly thats an inch bigger? Take a quick look at this link-(you too Over Easy)http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/...udget_Lift.htm

This has the whole dakota "add-some-leafs' type deal you were talking about with the rear and gives me part numbers to the cheaper compatible parts from other models. Sound legit? It looks it to me, not to mention he bags on the nay-sayers. As I searched I found more and more people doing this except with subtle differences here and there.
yea that looks n sounds fine. bastard packs work good. i was gonna do it but found my RE full leafs locally cheap n that made it alot easier to just swap them.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 AM
SPARKLEmotion

Originally Posted by iFoam
Man. I'm jealous.
Don't be. It's not without it's problems. The harmonic balancer is coming apart but I've got another on the way. My brother rigged a toggle switch to the e-fan instead of replacing the sensor. Other than that just little typical/stupid shit like the hatch-struts are gassed, needs a good cleaning, and is in desperate need of some tires. Hopefully gonna "2 birds with 1 stone" the tire prob if B sells me those wheels/tires.

Originally Posted by Brandons96
FML. vaDriven ruins me.... nobody likes me..
LOL. Your Explorer is sex though. Probably time to change the sig to "Fully 'BLOWN' 4.0 OHV v6" though. :P

Last edited by FObangah; 04-13-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Got an XJ for FREE!! Ideas?