Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Fuel Pump Removal/Installation

Old 01-24-2007, 07:48 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fuel Pump Removal/Installation

I have a 94 Ford F150 I didnt know if I should clean out the fuel tank when i put my new fuel pump and fuel filter in? then thats would just be another thing to make the truck run better, thats what im thinking. See the problem is my truck isnt starting and when i hit the gas tank it starts then shuts right off, i didnt know if i should mayby run some of that fuel injector cleaner or something to clean ur fuel system and put in their after i replace everything to just clean out the whole system it has 168,000 miles and i dont think this truck was babied. she was rode hard and im tryign to make sure she keeps running, strong even.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:55 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck
Default Re: Fuel Pump Removal/Installation

Originally Posted by SweRveY
I have a 94 Ford F150 I didnt know if I should clean out the fuel tank when i put my new fuel pump and fuel filter in? then thats would just be another thing to make the truck run better, thats what im thinking. See the problem is my truck isnt starting and when i hit the gas tank it starts then shuts right off, i didnt know if i should mayby run some of that fuel injector cleaner or something to clean ur fuel system and put in their after i replace everything to just clean out the whole system it has 168,000 miles and i dont think this truck was babied. she was rode hard and im tryign to make sure she keeps running, strong even.
if the pump isn't running and u hit the tank and it start . . probably a bad fuel pump but might wanna check the wires on it to make sure not just a loose wire . . . but look in the tank when ya got it out. .if it looks nasty then clean it out. . if it's really bad rusty and stuff might wanna just pick up another tank for like 100 bucks . . just replaced the rear tank in my brothers 91 f250 cuz had a rust hole
Old 01-24-2007, 08:44 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute

like i hear that their is a inertia switch on fords that opens up when the car is in a car accident or when it runs out of gas, well i ran out of gas and this problem has been going on since, but i cant find the switch, the switch can make either the fuel pump work or not, u have to reset it when one of those two happens that i said up top. Anyone know where this switch is?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:57 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

Originally Posted by SweRveY
like i hear that their is a inertia switch on fords that opens up when the car is in a car accident or when it runs out of gas, well i ran out of gas and this problem has been going on since, but i cant find the switch, the switch can make either the fuel pump work or not, u have to reset it when one of those two happens that i said up top. Anyone know where this switch is?
the inertia switch should only kick out if it's in an accidednt . .not if it runs out of gas. . . and it shouldn't matter if u hit the tank or not . . . however in the 87 f150 i had it was on the driver side behind the kick panel (one on the side not under the dash) . . but was reading on the 91 f250 it is located on the passanger side inside the kick panel near the computer . . .hopefully this helps ya
Old 01-25-2007, 07:44 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

yeah, i found it and it isnt the problem, i just think im gonna have to replace the fuel pump. Thanks though guys for the help.