Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Ford Superduty Transmission SWAP *NEED PARTS*

Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brennan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ford Superduty Transmission SWAP *NEED PARTS*

Well I guess he had way better luck with them than me.[/QUOTE]

Amen, that place is a fucking joke.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Officially Official

Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Brennan
Well I guess he had way better luck with them than me.
Amen, that place is a fucking joke.[/QUOTE]

Although i have never had anything done there the tranny he built for a bud of mine is beast. Granted every dead line they gave themselves was by no means met in any way shape or form.

I am still undecided about twisted. I hear both good and bad.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:34 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

I like TDP. They have cranked out some pretty awesome shit.

OP take this into consideration. I realize you are holding out for a parts truck for the swap, but how much do you plan on paying for it? those wrecked 6 speed trucks are gonna run about $4500 and up.... not to mention, if anything is messed up you have to replace, theres more money.

You would be WAYYYY better off just getting a built auto. Thats just my opinion thought, good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by Good Enough
Amen, that place is a fucking joke.
Although i have never had anything done there the tranny he built for a bud of mine is beast. Granted every dead line they gave themselves was by no means met in any way shape or form.

I am still undecided about twisted. I hear both good and bad.[/QUOTE]

They cost me about 4k $. I'm not going back into detail about it again but yeah.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack

Also, have you driven a 6 speed truck. How about an hour of traffic with it? Tried to race someone with a 6 speed...? not happening. Going from an auto to a 6 speed, most owners hate it. It definitely takes a certain kind to like the 7.3 with a 6 speed behind it. The truck I just bought was somewhat cheap because the previous owner bought it and hated the 6 speed. We aren't trying to say your idea is bad, but think about everything before you go ripping that auto out. Rave (twisted diesel) built my buddy brian's tranny, and he just put down 992 hp and 17XX ft lbs, from a 7.3. ( actually just took 4th out of 15 in the 2010 Diesel Power Challenge, and also was the only 7.3 that got invited) His tranny is holding up. Built autos will last, just have to know what parts are going into them and who is building it. For what you have done to your truck, a built auto will last a looooong time if done properly.

All that being said, I still love my 6 speed.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:33 PM
429-no boost needed

69muscle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zack
Also, have you driven a 6 speed truck. How about an hour of traffic with it? Tried to race someone with a 6 speed...? not happening. Going from an auto to a 6 speed, most owners hate it. It definitely takes a certain kind to like the 7.3 with a 6 speed behind it.
yea. my dad actually has an identical truck (just not lifted) with the 6-speed. i've driven it since he bought it new in '99. (not everyday of course...but enough to know it doesnt bother me.).

as far as traffic- i'd rarely be anywhere that'd even remotely be congested. i live in the boonies of central va about an hour SSW of richmond. so very seldom am i driving on interstates, esp in the 757 where i lived for 3 years a while back....and yea....that traffic would have sucked!

*UPDATE ON PARTS*

I've located everything i need. (all from one location but w/o complete truck). it looks like my total cost after everything including a clutch from southbend is gonna be around 3k-3500. i will definitely post pics and info if people are interested.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Officially Official

Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts

Id like to see it...

Good luck to you.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:45 PM
429-no boost needed

69muscle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Good Enough
Id like to see it...

Good luck to you.
thanks, i should have everything by the 1st wkend in june. if all goes well i'm gonna get things together and try to do the swap the following weekend. pics and the story of how i do it will be posted.