Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Dropping you all a line on my new acquistion!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tenacious has disabled reputation
Default Dropping you all a line on my new acquistion!

What's up ppl? I just wanted you guys to know about this jewel i just picked up and plan on putn about maybe $2000 more n2. it's a 83 gmc shortbed. 6.2 diesel(been rebuilt recently) Tranny is 3spd auto(quickshift) but i'm pulling that out and prob putn a turbo 350 n. 4inch lift, 35s(street tires now) spool in the rear. 3.43s. the bitch is a monster. I got it for a steal from my homeboy. He used to own it and sold it 2 a guy. The guy owed him some $ for sum else and he got the truck back. I thought about going 2 a 6in lift and putn a detroit locker in front/rear. The minimum i'll be doin is putn some big meat on the (maybe 35 boggers) or sum 36's. probably go up to 3.73 gears. maybe 4.10. If you have any suggestions drop me a line.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:35 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck
Default Re: Dropping you all a line on my new acquistion!

from what i heard the diesel and gas trannys are different do to the shift points . . . so dunno if you can get a th350 for it or have to mod it to have low shift points since the 6.2 don't have the rpm range . . you might go to a th400 from behind one . . . but like i said idk . . . ps 35's are not big meat

but sounds like it could be a decent truck . . . and spool in the rear will kill the tires on the street
Old 01-15-2009, 03:52 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

44s or bigger...==big meat
Old 01-15-2009, 05:56 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

Originally Posted by nftuatn
44s or bigger...==big meat
now ya talking . . . i need bigger tires now . . . . haven't found them 66 or 67's yet
Old 01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by ChevyMudtruck
now ya talking . . . i need bigger tires now . . . . haven't found them 66 or 67's yet
get some off a combine or a line planter

they are about 6 foot tall...only bad thing they are like a foot wide....looks kinda dainty on a big ass truck...but they do good for mudbogging....'

whole lot less mud to dig thru!!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:42 PM
just a little 4x4

Originally Posted by nftuatn
get some off a combine or a line planter

they are about 6 foot tall...only bad thing they are like a foot wide....looks kinda dainty on a big ass truck...but they do good for mudbogging....'

whole lot less mud to dig thru!!
lol ones i'm looking for are eith 66x43's or 67x34's logging tires had a deal on a set but haven't been able to get up with the guy and getting something to haul 1000 lb per tires, 5 tires plus 3200 lb trailer to FL and back reliably and decent millage lol
Old 01-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Well your right about the big meat thing.(no homo) I 4got where i was @! lol I don't plan on going bigr than 37s. I don' want a skyscraper. i want a pulling Mutha F**ker! and i meant to say it had a 700r trans. Do you all think i shud put a locker in the rear instead of the spool. I've seen the way the spool makes the wheel bite if the truck is turning sharp. ewww. lol
Old 01-18-2009, 06:50 PM
just a little 4x4

Originally Posted by tenacious
Well your right about the big meat thing.(no homo) I 4got where i was @! lol I don't plan on going bigr than 37s. I don' want a skyscraper. i want a pulling Mutha F**ker! and i meant to say it had a 700r trans. Do you all think i shud put a locker in the rear instead of the spool. I've seen the way the spool makes the wheel bite if the truck is turning sharp. ewww. lol
yeah i'd go with some kinda locker no spool for street although my buddy does have a bronco on 44's (and only 4 inches of lift) and has spools front and rear and drives it everywhere to go wheeling lol
Old 01-18-2009, 07:01 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

im sure that bitch wears tires out like a bitch with spools
Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

So a locker will be best? I"m trying to save sum $ right now and have a decent all round toy for this year!

Quick Reply: Dropping you all a line on my new acquistion!