Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

check engine light

Old 10-12-2006, 07:32 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco
Default check engine light

i took the bronco out to poquoson the other day and my check engine light has been on since. i do routine maintenace and check fluids regularly. the only thing i can think of is the power steering because there is a whining sound when i turn, but the fluid level hasnt changed. any ideas?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:58 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck
Default Re: check engine light

power steering won't cause the check engine light to come on . . .
what year is your bronco? . . .
could of fried an o2 sensor or map/maf or something playing in the water . . if it's an older one I think pulling the code is easy . .I have an old school check engine "key"(basically it's just a peice of metal that crosses 2 terminals on your diagonostic port) . . might have to see if I can locate it (or jusr use a paper clip) but you have to find out which 2 prongs it is and the proper persedure . . if I get a change I'll look for that key . . has a nice little booklet thing with it with codes and percedures in it . .
Old 10-13-2006, 02:52 AM
I Need a daily <$6k

SilverSharkGT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ChevyMudtruck
power steering won't cause the check engine light to come on . . .
what year is your bronco? . . .
could of fried an o2 sensor or map/maf or something playing in the water . . if it's an older one I think pulling the code is easy . .I have an old school check engine "key"(basically it's just a peice of metal that crosses 2 terminals on your diagonostic port) . . might have to see if I can locate it (or jusr use a paper clip) but you have to find out which 2 prongs it is and the proper persedure . . if I get a change I'll look for that key . . has a nice little booklet thing with it with codes and percedures in it . .
Agreed. First check the simple things like tighten your gas cap for 3 or 4 clicks...then see if that fixes it. If not then stop by any Advanced Auto, Auto Zone, etc and they usually run the code for free. Most likely an emissions issue...whether an O2 sensor, or a CAT. Hope you find it.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:19 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

well advance and autozone only does 96 and ups . . .
Old 10-13-2006, 07:00 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco

its a 93. sam i can come to your house if you can help
Old 10-13-2006, 08:52 PM
just a little 4x4

ight seems the 93 has and EEC-IV system. . which is one of the easy ones to read just have to jump accross 2 pins and the check engine light will flash . . so yeah just get up with me and we'll pull the codes . . you have my number
Old 10-13-2006, 09:11 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

aight man ill hit you up.. it went off tonight but im going out tomorrow to the power lines. it might come back on theres a lot of water out there. what does eec-iv mean

Originally Posted by ChevyMudtruck
ight seems the 93 has and EEC-IV system. . which is one of the easy ones to read just have to jump accross 2 pins and the check engine light will flash . . so yeah just get up with me and we'll pull the codes . . you have my number
Old 10-14-2006, 03:34 AM
just a little 4x4

Electronic Engine Control 4 . . . just their name for it . . .
hmm powerline run .. ya should pm me where that's at I know of 2 powerline runs but both are pretty much illegal