Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Body Lifts, Pros & Cons

Old 06-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Fitty Tuckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Re: Body Lifts, Pros & Cons

Normal reasons to put a BL on a truck is to gain tire clearance. With the long wheel base you won't notice the higher center of gravity.

On a shorter wheel base like a Jeep high center of gravity = easier to roll over. They recommend no higher then a 1.25 BL for a Jeep because of the shorter wheelbase.

They also make a kit that you can hide the gap between the body and frame after a bodylift so it doesn't look as bad. Make sure when you do the bodylift that all lines, hoses, etc aren't being stretched to far.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 AM
Brappp brapp

Sh!nny has disabled reputation

so.. in other words.. ur trying to build a Bro rig?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:22 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Is this so wifey can NEVER think about driving it? She'll need a ladder just to get up there lulz..

I say DEWEET.

^Also, new fag...stfu
Old 06-21-2011, 05:24 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Originally Posted by Sh!nny
so.. in other words.. ur trying to build a Bro rig?
Yup,

Just how you like to build trendy honda's at you daddy's shop?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

aquickmopar has disabled reputation

I used to own a 05 dodge ram 1500 quad cab Hemi 4X4. After purchasing it I wanted to lift it but could not afford a lift due to it being a torsion bar set up in the front and those lifts are so damn expensive. So I purchased a leveling kit for the front which gave me 2.5" To 3" of lift total for the front which brought it up even to match the rear height. I then bought a 3" Body lift and installed it. So in reality I had a 5.5" To 6" lift when I was done. I put 36X13.50X20 Irox on it and 20X10 Rockstar wheels and it did great. I drove it around for 4 Years and did some light wheeling with it and never had a problem with it. But had to sell it when I got married to afford a wedding.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

whsballin07 is on a distinguished road

Honestly if you're drivin on road the only real problems you should experience from a body lift would come as a result of turning larger tires, not the lift itself. Many guys that wheel hard will put a small body lift in addition to a suspension lift just to help them clear tires. There's really no point in it though until you buy the sus. lift and tires because a body lift alone may look funny with skinny tires and extra frame showing. I'd do the suspension first with the tires you want. If it rubs, then resort to body lift
Old 06-21-2011, 07:13 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGZvFZdVbk
Old 06-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
IM GOING TO PUMP *CLAP* YOU UP
[youtube]HHZhw94C5vQ[/youtube]

(cant find the good skits, all bullshit on youtube)
Old 06-22-2011, 12:33 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

I'm gonna punch you in the DAK for even thinking about it.....

My opinion, Body lifts are for the WV/AL fuck their daughters type rednecks. It looks fucking ugly as shit, I have yet to this day ever seen a truck/suv/ect look good with a body lift. When you ride behind a truck with a body lift where the bumper is gapped from the body, you come along side and see the 2-4 inch gap between the frame and body, its just fucking ugly. Don't waste the money because its cheap, do it right the first time.

Thats my opinion like it or not.

-Summabitch
Old 06-22-2011, 05:37 AM
OCD Fag.

Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96

First "truck/suv/ect" you've seen to look good with a body lift? Stock the explorer shows a lot of frame, it's just the way they're built, always been that way, but I don't think it looks terrible at all. Plus theres no gap between body and frame showing at all on mine and it's a full 3in.

I don't understand why everyone hates on body lifts. While yes I admit they're not suspension lifts, it's useful in lots of scenarios. If you plan to keep the truck on the road, it's the best way to gain some height without losing the factory ride quality, in fact, you may even gain some quality depending on what type of material spacers you use compared to your old ones. Anybody that's ever lifted a Jeep knows how shitty and bouncy the ride quality becomes after putting longer lift springs under it. For more hardcore rigs, it's the ONLY way your going to be able to stuff a bigger tire. Any type of suspension lifted only Explorer can only dream of stuffing a 33 or 35 as far as I can.. While a proper suspension lift will give you a lot more down travel, the up travel is limited by the size tire you run still, that's why all reputable suspension kits come with new bump stops.

Last edited by Brandons96; 06-22-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Body Lifts, Pros & Cons