VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Offroad / 4x4 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/)
-   -   blocks or stright springs (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/blocks-stright-springs-376945/)

bst122592 01-01-2011 10:53 AM

blocks or stright springs

What is better blocks or springs

lim_fc3vert 01-01-2011 03:23 PM

Re: blocks or stright springs

are you kidding?

Nunyabidness 01-01-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by bst122592 (Post 6800620)
What is better blocks or springs

Originally Posted by lim_fc3vert (Post 6801046)
are you kidding?

Obviously. This thread is a joke. /thread

OverEasy 01-01-2011 03:36 PM

Really?

Honestly man, you've made 4 posts that all could have went into the same thread. I / VaDriven have no idea what exactly you're going after here. You ask questions without offering any info on what direction you're going with your build. Are you having a rock rig, pavement pounder, mud slinger, weekend warrior? All this matters. All the things you've asked are all opinion based and at the end of the day all you'll have is a opinion on how someone else will have done something.

The best thing I can tell you is to search. Do your research. Figure out what you want to do with the vehicle. I suggest joining a good tech site such as Pirate4x4 and READING. That site is know for having great tech posts and info on all sorts of off road vehicles and builds. Just be warned that I suggest READING AND SEARCHING AND READING MORE before asking questions on Pirate. The info is pretty much endless and all it takes is a quick search to get answers.

Nunyabidness 01-01-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by OverEasy (Post 6801072)
Really?

Honestly man, you've made 4 posts that all could have went into the same thread. I / VaDriven have no idea what exactly you're going after here. You ask questions without offering any info on what direction you're going with your build. Are you having a rock rig, pavement pounder, mud slinger, weekend warrior? All this matters. All the things you've asked are all opinion based and at the end of the day all you'll have is a opinion on how someone else will have done something.

The best thing I can tell you is to search. Do your research. Figure out what you want to do with the vehicle. I suggest joining a good tech site such as Pirate4x4 and READING. That site is know for having great tech posts and info on all sorts of off road vehicles and builds. Just be warned that I suggest READING AND SEARCHING AND READING MORE before asking questions on Pirate. The info is pretty much endless and all it takes is a quick search to get answers.

Win. +rep

02Xterra 01-01-2011 04:46 PM

Haha wow

cootees 01-03-2011 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by OverEasy (Post 6801072)
Really?

I think he should ask this question on pirate and take heart to what everyone says.

OverEasy 01-03-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by cootees (Post 6804238)
I think he should ask this question on pirate and take heart to what everyone says.

OP, I don't recommend that route. If so, go ahead and end yourself now. Or you could just go into SPO and announce that your a photographer and you just started a blog. Don't forget the pics!

And just to answer your question IMO Springs would be better for a lift. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but "suspension systems" usually come with springs as opposed "kits" which come with blocks. (Its been forever since I bought a suspension lift kit / system.) Some "kits" are just that, the basics you need to achieve the desired lift but nothing more (like shocks, steering corrections, brake lines. . . ) Although it will be much more expensive to purchase, springs will be of a performance gain. Blocks do nothing but lift something. Springs will (hopefully) allow for more flex and a better ride. Unless then again you're going for a look. Blocks wouldn't hurt at all.

I have seen under torque, a truck shoot out a lift block. In some cases (I haven't seen first hand) blocks cracked under stress. If you can afford to, I would deff go with springs.

BeefCake 01-03-2011 12:06 PM

blocks are wayyy stronger and help the flex in the springs. Blocks and a body lift is the ultimate offroad setup

Lt. Dan 01-18-2011 10:44 AM

I agree, but I would take it one step further and replace the entire spring with one HUGE block. This way you can make your rig as tall as you want, fit a monster tire, and not have to worry about anything rubbing.... YMMV