Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

anyone from roanoke

Old 03-14-2009, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
69stepside has disabled reputation
Default anyone from roanoke

anyone in roanoke know of a good mud spot please let me know, looking for someone to go with so if you have the offroad itch let me know.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh
Default Re: anyone from roanoke

bobcat trail in blacksburg
Old 03-16-2009, 04:24 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 69stepside
anyone in roanoke know of a good mud spot please let me know, looking for someone to go with so if you have the offroad itch let me know.
i'm in roanoke. jump on over to scc4x4.com it's a local board.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Registered Member

not looking for a club. they are not my sort of 4wheeling group they really dont like runs though snow rain mud all the things that make a 4x4 truck fun. if i drove a jeep i would not go out in fun weather either.(lol)
Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Ivy Tadita

not looking for a club. they are not my sort of 4wheeling group they really dont like runs though snow rain mud all the things that make a 4x4 truck fun. if i drove a jeep i would not go out in fun weather either.(lol)
I'm not defending jeeps but every once in a while I run into one of you arrogant fullsize guys and you really have no clue what it is you are even talking about. Allow me to educate you.
  1. The site is not a "club" but instead it's a local forum full of enthusiasts.
  2. There are a few full sizers on there, and in no way is it all jeeps.
  3. One of the local clubs(swva4w) in Roanoke has teamed up with the red cross to get hospital employees to work during the bad weather. That will give you something to appreciate, if you are ever rushed to the ER in a blizzard.
  4. Furthermore, you shun on the capabilities of a mid size. Any single person of the offroad community can tell you that it is not all about motor size, in fact that is maybe 1% of the whole scheme unless you are strictly into mudding. It IS mostly rig/driver capabilities.
  5. You did get one thing right. Most midsizes that I know of.. do tend to avoid mud... but that is not because we are scared of it.. it's because we have been there and done that. It is a pain to clean up and it lacks the thrill you get from offcamber wheeling.

Now to answer your question in the first post. Go to troutville and up the hill behind hardees. If they have not cleared all of it out by now then you will not find any better mud around here. I'll even pm you my number so my little yota or jeep(you pick) can pull you out once your ego causes you to get stuck past your abilities.

Last edited by cootees; 03-16-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

sorry you were so hurt about my jeep joke. and they are a club they have a name, symbol and meetings club discounts which you get if you pay dues. next my where is the mud (it was raining ) ? was more where are the trails as i am new to the area and in pa we do everything with our trucks to say its a hassel to clean mud off your truck well lets just hope you dont have a son. oh and have a nice day!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

Reppin04 has disabled reputation

have you tried pipeline? or the Beasly land
Old 03-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Ivy Tadita

sorry you were so hurt about my jeep joke. and they are a club they have a name, symbol and meetings club discounts which you get if you pay dues. next my where is the mud (it was raining ) ? was more where are the trails as i am new to the area and in pa we do everything with our trucks to say its a hassel to clean mud off your truck well lets just hope you dont have a son. oh and have a nice day!!!!!!
well one thing is for sure. If I had a heep that looked like this http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/69stepside then I would probably want to keep it covered in mud too. But wait.. I forgot you don't own a jeep.