Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Anyone know anything about the Baja?

Old 11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
^a brick wall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ballistics343 has disabled reputation
Default Anyone know anything about the Baja?

Hi all, a few friends and I have been batting around the idea of entering in a Baja Rally (aka SCORE Baja 500 or 1000) in the relatively near future, and we were wondering if anyone had any information/details/advice for us. Any input appreciated
Old 11-13-2007, 09:00 AM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Anyone know anything about the Baja?

For starters, you live on the wrong coast. You will be hell pressed to find many people on the east coast, into desert racing/baja.

Worst part would be getting to the events, IMO.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:40 PM
^a brick wall

Ironically, that was solved easily--among the interested group, we have a few "truck guys" with trailers to spare
Old 11-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by ballistics343
Ironically, that was solved easily--among the interested group, we have a few "truck guys" with trailers to spare
but can you really see driving 4000-6000 miles to earn what will end up being pocket change?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:39 PM
War kittens?

odu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
but can you really see driving 4000-6000 miles to earn what will end up being pocket change?
I don't think winning is really a concern of ours. We just wanted a fun project while we are in college.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by odu_integra
I don't think winning is really a concern of ours. We just wanted a fun project while we are in college.
Yeah, I guess beer pong tables are getting old along with 2 story beer funnels...

Why not do something like a langley car, mud bog truck, rock crawler or something along the lines of things you can do around here. It would just make more sense.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:59 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

I have towed to MOAB, which was 1800$ in fuel, 7 years ago.

I doubt you will find anyone on this site that does much "desert racing"
Old 11-15-2007, 04:25 AM
^a brick wall

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Yeah, I guess beer pong tables are getting old along with 2 story beer funnels...

Why not do something like a langley car, mud bog truck, rock crawler or something along the lines of things you can do around here. It would just make more sense.
Bragging rights man, bragging rights! ;P Besides, Ryan and I were talking, we think we could actually make all the mods we want and still keep the buggy/truck street legal...helps with transport a bit. Mostly, he just wants to be able to tool around in a Baja car in the months before the race.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ballistics343
Bragging rights man, bragging rights! ;P Besides, Ryan and I were talking, we think we could actually make all the mods we want and still keep the buggy/truck street legal...helps with transport a bit. Mostly, he just wants to be able to tool around in a Baja car in the months before the race.

You obviously have no idea how much abuse trophy trucks go through. To do it right, if you do everything yourself then I would imagine you would be spending a minimum of at least 60k.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx

plus they all ave pit trucks that follow behind and help fix borken things durring the race.

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything about the Baja?