Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Any big block C/K folks?

Old 06-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Desolation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch
Default Any big block C/K folks?

I acquired, a few months back, a 93 K2500 Suburban 7.4L with the intended purpose being general use and towing my track car maybe 4-5 times a year. Upon buying it I knew the transmission would need to be rebuilt, which should be wrapped up shortly, but beyond that the truck appeared to be pretty straightforward and unmolested. There were a few other problems that didn't matter at the time such as non-working air conditioning, loud blower motor, power mirror not moving and rear wiper squirter not working, are there any common problems I need to look out for or can prevent? From what I recall the truck wasn't wired for a trailer, although it did have the hitch. Is the harness something I can buy or just wire myself? Also curious if others have any experience with certain trans. coolers, radiators, electric fans, etc. that work well or if there is anything I can do to make the whole package a little more efficient. Quick searches on Summit and the like yielded few if any "bolt-on" parts for the TBI, but all sorts of options for radiator/fan setups along with trans. coolers.

Basically, just looking for folks that have experience with these beasts and what does and does not work well. I'm not out to drastically improve gas mileage or anything stupid like that, just want to make the truck efficient and reliable.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong
Default Re: Any big block C/K folks?

eh it's been awhile but try this forum. FSC (full size chevy) forum

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum.php

how much you pay for it btw?
Old 07-05-2010, 04:13 PM

tatmonster has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any big block C/K folks?

the trailer wiring is really easy. there is a section of factory harness to the passenger side of the tow package that u disconnect (separating the rear lights from the feed from the front of truck). There is a New piece that plugs onto the feed, then the rear light harness plugs into the back of this new piece. very simple. Essentially a sandwich style adapter( not sure if thats correct terminology). Nice trucks, only thing i have trouble with is the transmissions, which you are taking care of. Other than that, i love em. GL
Electric fan is a great option. A trans cooler is a must for sure. Atleast you know gas mileage will suck lol.

Last edited by tatmonster; 07-05-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: spelling