Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

6" lift and towing

Old 01-04-2011, 11:49 AM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: 6" lift and towing

Originally Posted by jebsurf
Kind of off topic but a good friend of mine has a 4door f350 psd with 18"(all suspension) of lift and we park that bitch where ever the fuck we want. We have had soooo many people come out of their stores and say " you cant park there or I'm going to have that thing towed!" We say "yeah sure you go head and do that its no problem but we are not moving". Its the funniest thing ever to see the tow truck show up thinking they got a easy catch just to be disappointed when they pull in the parking lot realizing that they cant tow that motherfucker. We have yet to find a tow company willing to tow it. Its good stuff.

I'll tow it.

LOOONG forks for the wheel lift works wonders.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

i had my 99 f250 on 39 boggers and towed my drag car to the track many of times..and i dont drive slow..75-80 mph all the time..
Old 01-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
So.. I have been doing research and i have heard numerous different opinions on the issue and wanted to get some advice from Drag.

Here is the breakdown:

I am looking at the rough Country 6" lift for my 07 Dodge Ram 4x4. Now, this will be more for show rather than performance (only take it offroad for hunting). The kit comes with the 2.5 Rear block. I will be running 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail grapplers.

I was wondering what kind of safe towing I could do? I will not be towing anything crazy, just my boat (19 foot outboard) and the occational enclosed trailer with hunting stuff in it (15'x8' in size). So the load will not be drastic, but I don't want to put to much stress on the rear.

any input would be great, also will have a drop ball hitch.
If you're going with rough country because its cheap, remember, you get what you pay for. With what you want to tow, I doubt you will even notice you are towing anything honestly. Ive towed much heavier with my f250 on 38s and 3.73s and it did just fine. If your truck has rear top mounted overload leafs, and you use blocks, the overload springs will still act as if the truck is stock because you are not spacing them further away from their bump stops.

Last edited by Zack; 01-05-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:45 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

I have heard decent stuff about rough country, Care to elaborate?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx

I will post picture when I am done with thie lift and wheels.

Not quite sure on the wheel shoice yet either, I want to be sure i like it before I drop the cash..

I am really stuck on the 20x10 rockstars with a 4.5 backspacing with the 35" tire (My truck is black) I know alot of people do not like the rockstars, but I think they look good, and is the look I am going for..

Also Interested in the Mickey thompson Classic II but they do not offer a 17x10 anymore, and a 16" will not clear my brakes.
20" Black Rockstars FTW - I have them on my black F250 with 35x13.50x20 ATZs and no lift.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:58 AM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

I don't have any personal experience with them..I always thought them to be a company directed towards Jeeps. The lift on my F350 is a SkyJacker..but it's just straight axles and leaf springs. I try to keep up with the new stuff mostly because one day I might get crazy and get a new truck. I've helped friends do some work on newer trucks and that has kinda kept me in the loop too. I'd be looking at BDS and Fabtech if I was looking to do a newer truck. I've helped friends do Fabtech lifts on their 2500HD's...very nice.

Your Dodge a 1500? 2500? 3500? They are all coils up front and leafs in the rear?

Originally Posted by Boost240sx
20" Black Rockstars FTW - I have them on my black F250 with 35x13.50x20 ATZs and no lift.
Pic?

Last edited by SMOKEYBEAR; 01-07-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
I don't have any personal experience with them..I always thought them to be a company directed towards Jeeps. The lift on my F350 is a SkyJacker..but it's just straight axles and leaf springs. I try to keep up with the new stuff mostly because one day I might get crazy and get a new truck. I've helped friends do some work on newer trucks and that has kinda kept me in the loop too. I'd be looking at BDS and Fabtech if I was looking to do a newer truck. I've helped friends do Fabtech lifts on their 2500HD's...very nice.

Your Dodge a 1500? 2500? 3500? They are all coils up front and leafs in the rear?

Pic?
Yes sir, coils in the fron, leaf in the rear. The BDS and Fabtech are great kits, but they are also around $1800 and more aimed towards people who are serious about offroading. I beleive the Rough country will give me what I am looking for.

yes the truck is the 1500.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 AM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Speaking from the mistakes I made when I did mine...

Look at what the kit comes with for the price. Mine was a complete kit, but the shocks were shit. I would have been better off to buy a kit without shocks, then pick the shocks of my choice. I ended up buying Bilsteins and throwing the ones that came with the kit away...same as with the steering stabilizer. I bought some things twice to get it like I wanted it. The guys I've helped with Fabtechs didn't go though that process.

Mine is a combo of what I found to be the best parts from different companies. The springs are Skyjacker, shocks are Bilsteins and the steering stabilizer is BDS.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:19 AM
######

This is what the Rough country comes with.

Front & rear cross-members, driver & passenger side differential brackets, driver & passenger lifted knuckles, driveshaft spacer, sway-bar links, skid plate and strut spacers.

Rear: 4" lifted blocks and u-bolts.

Shocks: (2) Rear Performance 2.2 series shocks.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Enforcer has disabled reputation

anyone wanna buy a set of used 20" rockstars off a f250 with a 8 lug bolt pattern, don't know if your truck has a 8 lug or not but i have some i might be willing to part with

Quick Reply: 6" lift and towing