Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

1982 Ford Bronco Ugly Betty build

Old 03-21-2012, 09:13 AM
where are my balls!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger
Default Re: 1982 Ford Bronco Ugly Betty build

Originally Posted by matrik
Where did you get your new tailgate from? I need to find a white one with glass...
I picked it up off CL for about $100. Brand new, never installed. NO hardware though. So i'm using all my old hardware. I'm cutting my old one up. Gonna keep the glass in case someone wants/needs it. I'm going to have a soft top so no need for the extra weight
Old 04-04-2012, 06:39 AM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

Minimal work was done yesterday. I was up on monday night trying to lay out all the electrical upgrades on my bedroom floor getting ready to hit the ground running yesterday after work. I didn't have as much day light as I had hoped for, so I didn't get a lot done.

First thing on my to-do list yesterday was to get the rear driveshaft finished...mainly the part that i ordered from rock auto, the yoke joint. Well, the yoke fit...however the parts guy at advanced gave me the wrong u-joints.....AGAIN. So i couldn't knock that out...i was a bit livid when it wouldn't fit...gerrr.

Second on the honey do list, was the electrical upgrades:
This is my electrical noodle disaster of unorganized stuff now:

RJM tech headlight harness: It's a very simple plug and play harness, however i couldn't figure out what to plug it into...ugh.

So after 10 mins of trying to figure that out and making no progress, I moved onto the distribution posts for my neg/pos terminals. This was very tricky as I didn't use self tapping screws, mainly because I didn't want to have the post back out and flop around. I used a bolt and nut to secure it. It's great...but you have to get behind the sheet metal to secure the nut...big hands and figures made this difficult, but I got the negative post secured. Then after I secured it, I realized I didn't like it in that spot..

I had the battery out and didn't realize that it would be RIGHT next to it...gerr. I think i'll leave it there.

I couldn't make up my mind as to where the pos distribution post should be placed. I'm thinking either on the fender well, or possibly under the starter solenoid.

OOO also I had some time to secure the mega fuse from the alt to the starter solenoid, i secured it to the fender well

Tonight I can't do anything as I have to give a tour of our medical facility to the mayor and his posse...so I lose my daylight to that. I might head over to Advance and get the correct u joints...pisses me off. gerrrr
Old 04-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Registered Member

johnnyboy89 has disabled reputation

bronco looks good man i had the same year 9 1/2 inches of lift on 39inch bogger
Old 04-05-2012, 04:02 AM
where are my balls!?

Originally Posted by johnnyboy89
bronco looks good man i had the same year 9 1/2 inches of lift on 39inch bogger
very nice man i'm gonna knock down the tires to 35 to make it more road friendly till i get another truck i can trailer it around on...then it'll be a dedicated trail rig. But that is a few years down the road.