Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

who's in southern md?

Old 06-17-2009, 05:55 PM
beautiful struggle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quentin has disabled reputation
Default Re: who's in southern md?

I went to college for 4 yeras in College Park and I know we had students getting robbed all the time that and a lots of Peeping Toms. PG County is ummmmmm...gun shot gun shot...well not all of it, but lots. You better garrage that R6!
Old 06-18-2009, 03:40 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

holy shit, i didn't think it was that bad when i lived there before... ok check it out, i'm moving there because of a job offer i got that will give me a little leeway in where i choose to live. i'm not trying to completely offset the extra income i'm getting with rent, but i don't want to have to worry about putting my family in danger, either. the only other thing i'm looking at is a tolerable commute to the agency at fort meade. i think it's anne arundel county is where i'll be focusing my search.

any recommendations on nice, semi-upscale apartments or townhomes in a good area? i'd really like to keep my rent under about $16-1700 a month, but fuck... i was really under the impression that columbia was pretty well removed from the crime typically associated with southern maryland...

Last edited by blackout; 06-18-2009 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:45 AM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Originally Posted by blackout
holy shit, i didn't think it was that bad when i lived there before... ok check it out, i'm moving there because of a job offer i got that will give me a little leeway in where i choose to live. i'm not trying to completely offset the extra income i'm getting with rent, but i don't want to have to worry about putting my family in danger, either. the only other thing i'm looking at is a tolerable commute to the agency at fort meade. i think it's anne arundel county is where i'll be focusing my search.

any recommendations on nice, semi-upscale apartments or townhomes in a good area? i'd really like to keep my rent under about $16-1700 a month, but fuck... i was really under the impression that columbia was pretty well removed from the crime typically associated with southern maryland...
With some careful searching, I think you'll find a nice median between crack heads and affordability.

PG county is garbage... but so is PWC, in which you currently reside... Pick your poison?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:50 AM
Team Dickbutt #13!!!

bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613

Just avoid Baltimore, PG County and I wouldn't recommend Columbia. Those areas are just full of thieves and vandalism......
Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Rent in a gated community near a metro. 1600-1700 should get you a 1BR or studio.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:17 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

ok, i guess i should just not move away from good ol' virginia beach. sweet.

i'm not living near a metro. i will not be working in dc, fort meade is about 45 minutes north of dc.

i'll just stick to apartmentguide.com, thkz.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Registered Member

dalinkwintteggy is infamous around these partsdalinkwintteggy is infamous around these partsdalinkwintteggy is infamous around these partsdalinkwintteggy is infamous around these partsdalinkwintteggy is infamous around these partsdalinkwintteggy is infamous around these partsdalinkwintteggy is infamous around these partsdalinkwintteggy is infamous around these partsdalinkwintteggy is infamous around these partsdalinkwintteggy is infamous around these partsdalinkwintteggy is infamous around these parts

chuck county is only bad as u make it! there are theives erry where u go and if they not there and they want it bad enough, they will take it! really its all in who you know and who u hang out with! i wouldhonestly say stay away from"214" if u have a nice tuner, thats where they usually get noticed!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:47 AM
master debater

a buddy of mine grew up in chuck county, he told me to stay the fuck away.

besides, that's about 30-40 minutes away from where i'll be working, don't think i'm going to go out of my way to live there.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:51 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
With some careful searching, I think you'll find a nice median between crack heads and affordability.

PG county is garbage... but so is PWC, in which you currently reside... Pick your poison?
After living in both, PG is hands down worst.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:42 AM
master debater

ok, somebody explain to me the counties real quick.

chuck county i've already been informed, is waldorf/suitland, or prince charles.

i'm not even sure i know what the acronyms for pg and pwc are, can someone elaborate?

and what does anyone know of anne arundel? i'm pretty sure that's where i spent about 95% of my time when i was previously stationed, around fort meade/laurel/severn/odenton/etc.

Quick Reply: who's in southern md?