Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Traffic Lane Closures - 66, 495, other shit updated

Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 AM
aka GSXR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy
Default Traffic Lane Closures - 66, 495, other shit updated

http://vienna.patch.com/articles/tra...f-66-ramps-495

FULL ROAD CLOSURES of I-495 north/west (Inner Loop) at I-395, I-495 south at Arlington Boulevard, I-66 east at I-495, Lee Highway at I-495. Details and detour information below.
Closures occur between 9:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. unless otherwise noted.

66 and surrounding roads

I-66 west to I-495 south Ramp closed nights through Saturday night for bridge demolition. Traffic will be directed to continue west, take Exit 62, Nutley St. south, stay to the right, follow signs to I-66 east and then signs to I-495 south.
I-66 east at I-495: Road closed nights through Saturday nights for bridge demolition. Traffic will be directed to take I-495 south to Exit 52B, Little River Tpk. (Route 236) east, stay to the right, follow signs to I-495 north to exit 49B, I-66 east.
I-66 east HOV to I-495 - Ramps closed Sunday - Saturday night for bridge demolition. Traffic will be directed to use the I-66 east general purpose (right exits) to access I-495.
I-66 east from Cedar Ln overpass to Gallows Rd. overpass - Two right lanes closed Sunday - Saturday night for overhead sign installation.
Lee Hwy (Route 29) north or south at I-495 - Road closed nights through Saturday nights for paving. Traffic will be directed to use a single lane of either Lee Hwy. (Route 29) north or south.
Gallows Rd. (Route 650) north and south at I-495 Right lane closed Wednesday - Friday nights for sign installation.
Gallows Rd. (Route 650) north and south to I-495 Ramp closed Wednesday - Friday night for sign installation. Traffic will be directed to take Arlington Blvd. (Route 50) east and follow signs to I-495 north.

I-495 south from Old Dominion Dr. overpass to Exit 46, Chain Bridge Rd. (Route 123): Three right lanes closed nights through Friday for pier work.
I-495 south to Exit 45B, Dulles Connector Rd. (Route 267) east Ramp closed nights through Thursday night for bridge overhang work. Traffic will be directed to continue south to Exit 46B, Chain Bridge Rd. (Route 123) north and follow signs to Dulles Connector Rd. (Route 267) east.
I-495 north to Exit 45A, Dulles Connector Rd. (Route 267) west Ramp closed nights through Thursday night for bridge painting. Traffic will be directed to continue north to Exit 44, Georgetown Pike (Route 193) west, stay to the left, follow signs to I-495 south, and take Exit 45A, Dulles Connector Rd. (Route 267) west.
I-495 south to Exit 47B, Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east - Ramp closed nights through Thursday nights for steel beam erection. Traffic will be directed to take Exit 47A, Leesburg Pike (Route 7) west, stay to the left, make a U-turn at International Dr. onto Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east.
I-495 north at Exit 47, Leesburg Pike (Route 7): Right lane closed Thursday and Friday nights for steel beam erection and painting.
I-495 north to Exit 47A, Leesburg Pike (Route 7) west: Ramp closed Thursday and Friday nights for steel beam erection and painting. Traffic will be directed to continue north to Exit 47B, Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east, stay to the left, make a U-turn at George Marshall Dr. onto Leesburg Pike (Route 7) west.
I-495 south at Exit 50, Arlington Blvd. (Route 50) - Road closed Friday and Saturday nights for bridge joint work. Traffic will be directed to use the collector distributor road.
Dulles Toll/Access Roads (267)

Dulles International Airport Access Hwy. east and west from Wiehle Ave. to Reston Pkwy. Left lane closed nights through Saturday for station work.
Dulles International Airport Access Hwy. east and west Hunter Mill Rd. overpass to Beulah Rd. overpass: Left lane closed nights through for ditch maintenance.
Dulles International Airport Access Hwy. west at I-495 - Road closed nights through Thursday night for overhang work. Traffic will be directed to Dulles Toll Rd. (Route 267) west. Motorists will not be tolled.
Dulles International Airport Access Hwy. east at I-495 - Road closed nights through Thursday night for overhang work. Traffic will be directed to Dulles Toll Rd. (Route 267) east. Motorists will not be tolled.
Dulles Connector Rd. (Route 267) west at I-495 Road closed through Thursday nights for bridge painting. Traffic will be directed to take I-495 north to Exit 44, Georgetown Pike (Route 193) west, stay to the left, follow signs to I-495 south and take Exit 45A, Dulles Connector Rd. (Route 267) west.
LEESBURG PIKE (RT.7)/CHAIN BRIDGE ROAD (RT.123)

Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east and west at Spring Hill Rd. Left turn lane closed nights through Friday for utility work. Traffic will be directed to follow detour signs.
Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east at Spring Hill Rd. and Westpark Drive: Two left turn lanes closed through Thursday nights for paving and station work. Traffic will be directed to follow detour signs.
Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east from Chain Bridge Rd. (Route 123) to Westpark Dr. Two left lanes closed nights through Saturday for concrete work.
Leesburg Pike (Route 7) west from Spring Hill Rd. to Westpark Dr. - Multiple lanes closed nights through Friday night for utility work.
Chain Bridge Rd. (Route 123) south to I-495 south: Ramp closed nights through Friday night for pier work. Traffic will be directed to continue south, make a left onto International Dr. south, make a left onto Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east and follow signs to I-495 south.
Leesburg Pike (Route 7) west to I-495 south Ramp closed nights through Thursday nights for steel beam erection. Traffic will be directed to take I-495 north to Exit 46A, Chain Bridge Rd. (Route 123) south, stay to the right and follow signs to I-495 south.
Leesburg Pike (Route 7) west at I-495 Road closed nights through Thursday night for steel beam erection. Traffic will be directed to take I-495 north to Exit 46A, Chain Bridge Rd. (Route 123) south, stay to the right, follow signs to I-495 south and take Exit 47A, Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east.
Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east and west at I-495: Left lane closed Thursday night for Steel beam erection.
Leesburg Pike (Route 7) west to I-495 north: Ramp closed Thursday and Friday nights for steel beam erection and bridge painting. Traffic will be directed to continue west, make a right onto International Dr. north, make a right onto chain Bridge Rd. (Route 123) north and follow signs to I-495 north.
Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east to I-495 north: Ramp closed Thursday and Friday night for steel beam erection and paving. Traffic will be directed to continue east, make a U-turn at George Marshall Dr. onto Leesburg Pike (Route 7) west, make a right onto International Dr. north, right onto Chain Bridge Rd. (Route 123) north and follow signs to I-495 north.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Traffic Lane Closures - 66, 495, other shit updated

Cool Story Bro
Old 10-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

I hated driving home late from south of 495 back to McLean, they would always shut down 495 to one lane as well as 66 at the same time. It literally was the dumbest shit ever and I've seen some dumb shit.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:13 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

yeah, so fuck commuting back to richmond this weekend.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
I hated driving home late from south of 495 back to McLean, they would always shut down 495 to one lane as well as 66 at the same time. It literally was the dumbest shit ever and I've seen some dumb shit.
I always lol'd at that. Namely because I can see the traffic buildup from standing outside my house.

It's funny cause it's not me
Old 10-20-2011, 01:43 PM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

yeah i didn't realize the closures were starting at fucking 9:30pm, the last work signs i saw before always said 11pm. fuck.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Registered member

SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
yeah, so fuck commuting back to richmond this weekend.
I sat in 1 hour traffic on my way to drop my sis off at vcu sunday night.....then again on the way back. and im talking 1030 at night.

shits getting ridiculous
Old 10-21-2011, 06:03 AM
i dont care.

camelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these parts

win! for being lame and living in the suburbs..