Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Shop/Person to build simple sub box?

Old 05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Quick Shifts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shop/Person to build simple sub box?

I am looking for a shop or someone local that can do a simple sealed MDF box built for a 10" sub that's around 11x11x11 (for around .4cbft volume) that wont cost me a ton. I have looked around online for pre-made boxes and they are all larger than I need. I would do something this simple myself, but for the price of buying a new jig saw and all, end the end might be cheaper to just pay someone to build it.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King
Default Re: Shop/Person to build simple sub box?

come over with some used carpet, a few 2x4s, duck tape, and some scented KY jelly we'll get it done.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:17 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I have a friend who's a master installer. When I was planning to do my enclosure for a JL 10W7, he informed me that Lowes would actually cut MDF to specs if I told them the measurements. I never got around to looking into it, but that could save you some time.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:19 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

yes lowes will cut it...

you have to buy the whole sheet...i think mdf is like 32 a sheet...then its like 1.50 a cut or something...

BUT they dont cut circles that i know of...so you would have to borrow/buy a jig saw for that anyway
Old 05-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Quick Shifts

ISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nftuatn
yes lowes will cut it...

you have to buy the whole sheet...i think mdf is like 32 a sheet...then its like 1.50 a cut or something...

BUT they dont cut circles that i know of...so you would have to borrow/buy a jig saw for that anyway
Hmh.. not a bad plan b except for the hole. Thanks for the heads up, if all else fails I will go that route.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:50 PM
i dont care.

camelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these parts

you can use the grinder to cut the hole...
Old 06-13-2010, 05:47 AM
Registered Member

speedeast has disabled reputation

I can build it simple enough...