Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Photo-enforcement?

Old 01-09-2007, 12:28 PM
In Hiding?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee
Default Photo-enforcement?

I can't remember if it's legal in VA.. I remember the CA case that challenged it on privacy issues... and I talked to someone who installed the cameras a while ago... but I only remember him saying it was illegal to use the intersection cameras to track motorists..... anyone know the specifics?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:56 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Photo-enforcement?

Public place, cameras are legal. They are used in every toll booth.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

huh? not at traffic lights (Red Light cameras) if thats what you mean, they all got shut off back in July
Old 01-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by YellowBanshee
I can't remember if it's legal in VA.. I remember the CA case that challenged it on privacy issues... and I talked to someone who installed the cameras a while ago... but I only remember him saying it was illegal to use the intersection cameras to track motorists..... anyone know the specifics?
In Virginia its illegal because in order for a ticket to be valid if I remember correctly...an officer has to actually hand-deliver the ticket to you. Since red light camera tickets have to be mailed out, its not hand delivered, thus invalid.

MD still uses red light cameras in addition to speed cameras in certain spots, like school zones and along Connecticut Avenue in Chevy Chase. They were going to do it on a wider scale, but the governor said he would veto speed cameras on the spot if they were put out statewide.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

VA still has cameras at some of their major intersections not for red light running but for highway safety patrol. They stopped the use of Red light cameras because a recent study found out they cause more accidents.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

hkboy87 is an unknown quantity at this point

i ran so many toll booths like a year ago on the dulles toll road and i never got a ticket
Old 01-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Originally Posted by hkboy87
i ran so many toll booths like a year ago on the dulles toll road and i never got a ticket
maybe you had a speed pass this whole time
Old 01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
GAYFISH LOVE

Israel is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these parts

didnt they take the ones down on rt 28 b/c they caused more accidents
Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

hkboy87 is an unknown quantity at this point

nah i dont have a speed pass...everytime i ran it the bells and shit rang. but now there is a lot of cops standing right on the booth, checking your tags.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Sav
seriously...

Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav

Originally Posted by hkboy87
i run those suckers all the time...especially on dulles toll, i swear i never get a letter in the mail or anything....i remember there was a site where a guy tried everyting to get a ticket or a letter in the mail...he tried oranges, pennies, newspapers and all sorts of shit.....dont get me wrong...i pay the toll but when i dont have the change on me...i just run them.

Quick Reply: Photo-enforcement?