Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Outboard Motor

Old 08-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1QWK96GT has disabled reputation
Default Outboard Motor

Hey everyone I have a small Jon boat with a 35hp Johnson on it. It is not running right at all. I will run then cut off. I believe it needs a tune up. Is there anyone in the area that is good or knows how to work on one of these older 2 stroke outboard motors? Any companies?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:24 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H
Default Re: Outboard Motor

Where in NOVA are you?

There's a place in Lorton called Captain John S. Beach Marina and I know they do service on boats/marine engines. They've been there forever and I've heard some good things about them. Though, I'm not really into the boating world so my knowledge of them is limited.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

1QWK96GT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lay Zee H
Where in NOVA are you?

There's a place in Lorton called Captain John S. Beach Marina and I know they do service on boats/marine engines. They've been there forever and I've heard some good things about them. Though, I'm not really into the boating world so my knowledge of them is limited.
Thanks alot for the info. I am in Manassas, Va. I will have to check them out. I usually consider myself pretty mechanically savvy but when it comes to these old 2 stroke motors with funky carburetors and tons of screw settings I would rather pay someone else to handle it.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:58 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Originally Posted by 1QWK96GT
Thanks alot for the info. I am in Manassas, Va. I will have to check them out. I usually consider myself pretty mechanically savvy but when it comes to these old 2 stroke motors with funky carburetors and tons of screw settings I would rather pay someone else to handle it.
I feel like you're an intelligent man.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:17 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Originally Posted by 1QWK96GT
Take it by East Coast Custom Coaches, see Lee.