Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Need help with TURBO setup on Acura NSX

Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
huyturbo has disabled reputation
Default Need

Problem narrowed down to TURBO SEALS.

Anyone know a reputable shop that rebuild my garret turbo. The seals are leaking... its going into my intake and out my exhaust.

I have ALEX infomation in Chantilly. I will try to reach out there but believe he doesn't do rebuilds.

Last edited by huyturbo; 03-27-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:18 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp
Default Re: Need help with TURBO setup on Acura NSX

You have a NSX with a turbo kit and don't have the means to find a reputable shop to work on it?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

Check with Livin Dreams Auto Salon. Alex is a genius when it comes to Hondas, he can probably take care of you.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec

Originally Posted by huyturbo
I have a garrett turbo on my NSX
air to water setup
my turbo is level with the pan so I have a scavage pump for the oil return from turbo.
i have a good safe tune on my standalone AEM boosting 8lbs.

i did a leakdown test, its good.

the problem I am having is that I'm leaking oil but do not fully understand why its leaking where it is. there might be two or more spots leaking from somewhere in the engine bay and turbo. i'm also having excessive blue smoke which might be a bad turbo. I am also losing some coolant on my air to water setup.

Can anybody come take a look..... perhaps someone that knows how to built and put together a turbo system.

Manassas/Vienna
quoted for good measure

Originally Posted by streetlamp
You have a NSX with a turbo kit and don't have the means to find a reputable shop to work on it?
THIS.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

because racecar.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Registered member

SLOW SOL has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Junon
Check with Livin Dreams Auto Salon. Alex is a genius when it comes to Hondas, he can probably take care of you.
This....You will not find much help on this site its full of Idiots and E-Thugs, your better off going on an NSX site. This site is to make fun of others car/prices/problems. In all reality not many people will be able to help you without actually seeing the car/issues.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

well if it's leaking and it wasn't before its pretty obvious the leaks will be at the fittings, either from the head for feed, at the turbo, or at the pan. same with a2w setup. a2w setup is prolly a simple fix just needing some teflon tape on the fittings.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:58 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by SLOW SOL
This....You will not find much help on this site its full of Idiots and E-Thugs, your better off going on an NSX site. This site is to make fun of others car/prices/problems. In all reality not many people will be able to help you without actually seeing the car/issues.
Or say idiots that put a turbo on their NSX and can't find a leak? hmmmmmm?

Originally Posted by BeefCake
well if it's leaking and it wasn't before its pretty obvious the leaks will be at the fittings, either from the head for feed, at the turbo, or at the pan. same with a2w setup. a2w setup is prolly a simple fix just needing some teflon tape on the fittings.
This
Old 03-27-2012, 12:18 PM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

Originally Posted by SLOW SOL
I DO NOT ETHUGH YOU FUCK
Old 03-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Registered member

Default Re: Need

Originally Posted by huyturbo
Problem narrowed down to TURBO SEALS.

Anyone know a reputable shop that rebuild my garret turbo. The seals are leaking... its going into my intake and out my exhaust.

I have ALEX infomation in Chantilly. I will try to reach out there but believe he doesn't do rebuilds.
tims turbo, he is used by alot of shops to rebuild aftermarket turbos in the area and is very well respected.

http://timsturbos.com/

Quick Reply: Need help with TURBO setup on Acura NSX