Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Moving from Lorton to Manassas - need suggestions of companies, indy or corp.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:36 AM
Luxury = Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty
Question Moving from Lorton to Manassas - need suggestions of companies, indy or corp.

I'm trying to move on friday 8/3/12 and need a company to do it. Its a 3 bedroom house that will be moved. Fortunately its not too far away from its next destination.

If anyone knows of any movers that they've had experience with; independent (2 guys and a truck or whatever), full fledged businesses or even some normal dudes looking to make some money shoot me a message.

Thanks a lot.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:47 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: Moving from Lorton to Manassas - need suggestions of companies, indy or corp.

I had great luck with the Two Men and A truck. they are licensed, and insured, did a bang up job on a three bedroom TH, to my Condo, and were done it like 3 hours. They have ads all over the local CL. If I can find the receipt/invoice of the actually dudes that did the move, I will update the post.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:08 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Moving from Lorton to Manassas - need suggestions of companies, indy or corp.

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
I had great luck with the Two Men and A truck. they are licensed, and insured, did a bang up job on a three bedroom TH, to my Condo, and were done it like 3 hours. They have ads all over the local CL. If I can find the receipt/invoice of the actually dudes that did the move, I will update the post.
^this.

don't even bother if they aren't licensed and insured, replacing your stuff isn't worth the discount.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

yes please two men and a truck sounds ideal. funny thing is that didn't think they were real. Though it was just a generic moving name, kinda like Acme products.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:41 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

I used them twice since moving here. Seriously did a great job, both times. I thought like you, that they were some generic company, but, After my original mover came out, did an estimate, we set the date, and I never heard back from the guy, I was in a bind and called 2 guys. The move was for the NEXT day( a Sunday), and they had NO problems getting it taken care of on short notice. Again, bang up job, and the 2 guys(College kids) were polite, respectful, fast, and didn't lollygag around(as they are billed by the hour).
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Why would you move from decent Lorton to bleh Manasshole?

Just to add, my family used 2 men and a truck and they are very very good.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:18 PM
get good

n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body

I have used Beltway Movers twice and they have done a good job each time.