Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

INFO: Reckless driving tickets

Old 03-13-2012, 06:52 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Post INFO: Reckless driving tickets

Reckless is not the same as "wreckless".

Reckless driving tickets are always is at the officer's discretion. There are guidelines (>80, 20+) but you can receive one for going the speed limit (ie: unsafe lane change).

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-852 (officer's discretion)
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-861 (any speed)
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-862 (>80, 20+)

If the officer writes you up for 79 in a 65 (14 over), he's doing you a big favor. If he writes you up for 76 in a 55 (11 over), he's signaling to the judge that you were a complete dick during the stop.

If it's your first ticket and not marked as reckless, go to court without a lawyer and request driver improvement school.

If it's a reckless ticket, you will be required to appear in court, spend the $400 (high estimate) for a lawyer to get the charges reduced and attempt to get the reckless charge dropped to improper driving. The money spent will likely be less than your increased insurance premiums. Have someone else drive you to court (judge often asks how you got there, trying to determine if you were responsible enough to let someone else drive because you know that you're a complete fucktard anyways).

If it's your second (or more) reckless ticket, bring a lawyer, a toothbrush, and bill of sale proving you got rid of your fart can Civic.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:06 PM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux
Default Re: INFO: Reckless driving tickets

Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

This thread is going to ruin all the fun
Old 04-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

damn only $400 for a lawyer? i dunno where you find em like that....i paid ALOT more for 1 for reckless and driving on suspended 7 years ago.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:01 AM
zOMG street racers!!

IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S

Originally Posted by BeefCake
damn only $400 for a lawyer? i dunno where you find em like that....i paid ALOT more for 1 for reckless and driving on suspended 7 years ago.
x2 and if it involves racing..you better bend over!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

Honda-Game has disabled reputation

just a tid bit of info when it says radar enforced by aircraft there are lines on the interstate that the pilot uses to calculate ur speed ......just thought I would shed some light
Old 01-14-2015, 08:45 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by Honda-Game
just a tid bit of info when it says radar enforced by aircraft there are lines on the interstate that the pilot uses to calculate ur speed ......just thought I would shed some light
Just a tid bit, you're a fucking idiot for bumping a 3 year old thread in order to post obvious information. Get fucked.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:39 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by Honda-Game
Stupid fucking username for a stupid user
Old 01-14-2015, 10:28 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes
Stupid fucking username for a stupid user
HONDA-GAME ON FLEEK
Old 01-15-2015, 09:48 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
HONDA-GAME ON FLEEK
Kill yourself