VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   NOVA/DC/MD (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/)
-   -   I Got Robbed (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/i-got-robbed-164845/)

H22-T 11-21-2006 11:48 PM

I Got Robbed

So a couple hours ago, my garage was still opened. Then I remembered to close it so I went out and noticed something not right. My backpack that was on top of my car was gone. So I looked around for it...even looked outside and that's when I found it...laying on the grass on the side of the house. I was like hmmm I definitely don't remember putting it there. I searched to see if anything was missing and something was. My house keys and my car keys. I knew someone took them and was probably waiting to come into my house or to take my car. So about 20 mins later my car started going off (the panic button). So I knew these fools were in the area. I went outside with a flash light, gun with me, and wearing my interceptor vest. I walked around the street and saw nothing except a van parked in the corner. I flashed my light but didn't see anyone there. So I just left and went back into the house and turned all the lights off. I looked through the window with my scope from my rifle and saw that the van in the corner turned it's car on and drove off down the street. So I was like FUCK. Too late to call it in. But then the van turned back and went down the opposite direction. And then turned around again and again. Probably cirlced around 4-5 times before it parked in the same spot. So this time I went through the back of my house, armed and ready. I went through the back of all the houses and ended up sneaking behind the van. I confronted these 2 white guys and in their hand I clearly see my keys! The bright orange keychain I couldn't miss. I knocked on their window but they didn't respond. They just sped off instantly. They were in a dark green full size van...license plate reading something like ZCD-9481. Probably between ages 18-22. One guy had long nappy hair and the other guy had short hair. I called the cops and 2 squad cars came and I gave them my report. I should've called earlier...would've had those bastards. Now I have to change all my locks and get a alarm/kill switch for my car. If anyone knows anything about a dark green full size van with license plates like the one above, let me know ASAP.

SpeedJunkie 11-21-2006 11:51 PM

Re: I Got Robbed

Why did you try to handle it yourself in the first place? Should have just got the plates and called the cops. Then sat watching with gun in hand.

Edit: Sorry to hear none the less. I would also think about changing the ignition on the car.

H22-T 11-21-2006 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie (Post 2621552)
Why did you try to handle it yourself in the first place? Should have just got the plates and called the cops. Then sat watching with gun in hand.

Edit: Sorry to hear none the less. I would also think about changing the ignition on the car.

Cause I'm a former Marine and we like to handle our own business but I guess this wasn't the same. :(

jpick_aap_cpp 11-22-2006 12:27 AM

damn jarheads. thats sucks bro sorry to hear that shit. ppl are just fucking stupid.

H22-T 11-22-2006 12:41 AM

Those guys were just idiots. Why would they push the panic button. Our remotes that come with the car don't even have that good of a range. That's just like giving away their position. I'm bummed that I didn't call the cops before I started my recon...I guess it was cause I haven't seen any action in a while :-p. I'm probably gonna be thinking about it all night long and not get any sleep. They wouldve been arrested and I wouldve been laughing in their faces.

I wish they would've done something stupid like pull a knife or gun on me. I was so ready to unload my 17rd mag full of 9mm JHP's on them.

NikkaLB23 11-22-2006 03:13 AM

Wow, that shit is so fucked up I would snuck behind them got the plate numbers went home and called the cops and waited for them. You could have had them; oh well you'll get them soon GL with finding update us later when you get more info.

lYellowDragonl 11-22-2006 04:14 AM

i would i have shot their wheels :|

RightDiddy 11-22-2006 04:59 AM

Pm me what area this was in loudoun or fairfax. someone else said that it was a van trying to steal their bikes. if it was local i want to put the word out.

IEAT50S 11-22-2006 06:00 AM

Like I said on NSF...people are idiots to steal shit in this state, alot of people are ARMED.

Computer_Nerd 11-22-2006 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by H22-T (Post 2621550)
I confronted these 2 white guys and in their hand I clearly see my keys! The bright orange keychain I couldn't miss. I knocked on their window but they didn't respond. They just sped off instantly.

Sounds like they were planning a (insert legal term) home invasion to me. ;) I would have put knife through the rear tire to prevent them from leaving. Cost to repair a tire is much less than potential losses from someone breaking into your house when you may or may not be home.

Shame that you hesitated. What were you waiting for?