Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Help with POS Civic

Old 05-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSLowAss has disabled reputation
Default Help with POS Civic

So I bought a cheap ass POS civic for a cheap beater DD that gets almost 40mpg. The previous owner doesn't know when/if the timing belt has been changed, so for piece of mind I have ordered new parts etc. and would like to replace it myself. However I don't have proper tools, or really the know how, and am looking for someone that is more experienced that may be willing to help me out. Its a stock 97 cx D16Y7 motor, i have absolutely no plans to mod this, as it is just a cheap a-b car that gets good gas mileage, and is relatively easy to work on. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Default Re: Help with POS Civic

Originally Posted by SSLowAss
So I bought a cheap ass POS civic for a cheap beater DD that gets almost 40mpg. The previous owner doesn't know when/if the timing belt has been changed, so for piece of mind I have ordered new parts etc. and would like to replace it myself. However I don't have proper tools, or really the know how, and am looking for someone that is more experienced that may be willing to help me out. Its a stock 97 cx D16Y7 motor, i have absolutely no plans to mod this, as it is just a cheap a-b car that gets good gas mileage, and is relatively easy to work on. Any help would be appreciated.
First off, if you don't know how to do it yourself- don't. Stop being a cheapass and bring it to someone who does. You probably also bought the cheapest belt possible- not to mention did you buy a new water pump/idlers/tensioner?

Fucking honda kids.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
First off, if you don't know how to do it yourself- don't. Stop being a cheapass and bring it to someone who does. You probably also bought the cheapest belt possible- not to mention did you buy a new water pump/idlers/tensioner?

Fucking honda kids.

Lol, you're funny.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:05 PM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

Blast it with piss

/thread...
Old 05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Lol, you're funny.
How do you figure?

You cant comprehend the simplest timing belt in existence (which probably has several hundred how-to's online), nor do you have the most basic tools available. So you basically want someone to do the job for you for free, so you can 'learn' how to do it. Face it, you're a cheapass honda faggle with absolutely no automotive knowledge.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Man you're smart too.

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
How do you figure?

You cant comprehend the simplest timing belt in existence (which probably has several hundred how-to's online), nor do you have the most basic tools available. So you basically want someone to do the job for you for free, so you can 'learn' how to do it. Face it, you're a cheapass honda faggle with absolutely no automotive knowledge.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by yeldak99
Blast it with piss

/thread...
I tried that, but now it just smells like pee.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:25 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Typical Honda kid, too poor to pay a professional and too dumb to do it himself. lol
Old 05-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Your specific location would probably help narrow down a shop/individual that can help...
Old 05-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Leesburg/Ashburn area. And I know its an easy job, but since i have no experience with it I was hoping I could get a hand. I've built plenty of singles etc. in dirtbikes, but have not done a timing belt before so I was looking for some help.

Quick Reply: Help with POS Civic