Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Have you gone to court to for exhaust ticket?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ouji can only hope to improve
Default Re: Have you gone to court to for exhaust ticket?

pay that shit online dont even bother going to court its only 93.50. if u do decide to goto court plead no contest or guilty give ur reason and etc. depending how it goes the case might drop and ur free, or u might have to pay court fee's. either way good luck. if i where u i wouldnt bother showing up. pay it online, you'll save alot of headaches. unless you cant for some odd reason.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Cyber Bully

JSPITZ can only hope to improve

what ride do you own?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Switchin_Lanes

BoostedVaDa has disabled reputation

ITS CALLED APPLIED WITH LAW OR COMPLIED WITH LAW SOMETHING LIKE THAT. JUST SAY YOU FIXED IT.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:58 PM
the dude

LBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to behold

well im hoping it wont ruin my chances for my va inspector license so I would rather try to get out of it.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

i would take your rear license plate off, tape it on top of another car identical to yours with a stock exhaust, take a pic of that.

so you dont have to go through the trouble of takinng your exhaust off
Old 03-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

I always plead no contest.Its like neutral and then the judge decides whether your guilty or not.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:25 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

It depends on the judge. You would want to plea "compliance" and show evidence of fixing the exhaust. Most judges will accept it and drop it. Once in a while you'll run into an asshole who won't accept compliance as valid and calls it guilty immediately (true story, I was in court one day where every single technical/equipment violation that was contested with a compliance plea was automatically immediately found guilty and sent to the booth to pay). Do NOT pay the fine if you can avoid it. A lot of times the more tickets you have the more often you'll get pulled. I never got pulled for exhaust for a long time, finally got a ticket for it once, was lazy and paid it. Now I get pulled over for exhaust no matter what car I'm driving, even if it has stock exhaust they still pull me over, and I've also been ticketed for stock exhaust, only because they see I've been ticketed before for it and think it's easy money.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness

I replaced the exhaust on my hatch, took the pictures showed them to the cop when I got to court he said cool, but when my turn came up the judge said he was not buying it and still charged me for it This was in fairfax go figure.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:22 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

I went to jail for an exhaust ticket.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

I've gotten away with exhaust BS numerous times in Fairfax County. You need to find out how cool the judge is. There are always lawyers in the court room present. Just ask one of the lawyers how the judge is. They usually know all of the judges. The majority of them are pretty nice.

Speaking with proper manner is important too. Always end your statements in "sir" or "your honor", but don't suck up like an idiot. I've seen this one speeding case where this guy was explaining his situation and in one part he says "I thank officer blah blah for his good work in pulling me over and informing me of my speed ". I loled on the inside. He got full penalty for being an idiot.

But ya, don't plead innocent. That implies that you did not have an illegal exhaust, which is not the case. Don't plead guilty either, unless you give an explanation. No contest is usually the thing you want to say.

Quick Reply: Have you gone to court to for exhaust ticket?