Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Full Body Vinyl Ideas?

Old 04-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Shortbus never came.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway
Default Full Body Vinyl Ideas?

Someone drove by my car this evening and showered my 07 WRX with gravel putting white speckled chips all over the rear bumper, trunk and the entire passenger side of my car. Instead of him paying for a new paint job, I was kinda thinking about some kind of vinyl to cover most, if not ALL of the damage.

I have a silver WRX, not STi with black and gray 2 tone interior. There are no visual mods on the car and I have stock rims that are also chipped.

I think the official Subaru color code is Urban Gray Metallic, I have the lighter gray tone, versus the darker gray color.

Does anyone have any good vinyl ideas and color? I'm thinking of a black something...

I even thought of painting both sides and the bumpers black and leave the trunk, roof, and hood the original color...

Its still going to be my dd and its not going to be an awesome show car. I'm just looking for something different, not spastically crazy.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by HerNameIsSway; 04-09-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Autobots detected

Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave.
Default Re: Full Body Vinyl Ideas?

i like ur idea of leaving the middle of the car the original color. im thinkin bout doin the opposite with my hatch. leaving the middle black and everything else its gun metal color. but gl
Old 04-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

scooby2.0t has disabled reputation

dude man i say just do it right an paint it. Vinyl looks like shit and its just going to attract tons of ricers trying to race you. And the 2 tone would be cool but only the other way around.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway

Originally Posted by scooby2.0t
dude man i say just do it right an paint it. Vinyl looks like shit and its just going to attract tons of ricers trying to race you. And the 2 tone would be cool but only the other way around.
Hmmm...Thanks for the vinyl input man.

Well the problem is that the damaged sides need to be painted. The non-damaged sides which are the hood, roof, and trunk dont need to be painted, which will stay silver. Its just the rear bumper and whole passenger side that needs to be taken care of...

Im a fan of 2 tone so I like to stick with that somehow...

My buddy has a red Evo 9 with black painted trunk, roof, and hood. IT does look siiiick...

Having a black hood would kinda hide the hood scoop a little... I wouldnt like that much...
Old 04-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Flesh Into Gear.

kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa

Don't do vinyl.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

scooby2.0t has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HerNameIsSway
Hmmm...Thanks for the vinyl input man.

Well the problem is that the damaged sides need to be painted. The non-damaged sides which are the hood, roof, and trunk dont need to be painted, which will stay silver. Its just the rear bumper and whole passenger side that needs to be taken care of...

Im a fan of 2 tone so I like to stick with that somehow...

My buddy has a red Evo 9 with black painted trunk, roof, and hood. IT does look siiiick...

Having a black hood would kinda hide the hood scoop a little... I wouldnt like that much...
i think black hood,roof,trunk is the only way to make a 2 tone look good on a subaru ill dig up a few pics.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

http://www.redlinedesign.tv/ look them up his in woodbridge does alot of vinyl work on show cars, shop track cars, bikes, everything.