Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

FS: 2000 Honda S2K MD/DC/VA

Old 12-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeAvRoMiAxC has disabled reputation
Default FS: 2000 Honda S2K MD/DC/VA

Name: Lawrence Tai
Means of Contact: 301.755.7171 or PM

Description:

For Sale: 2000 Honda S2000 (AP1)
Color: Grand Prix White (GPW)/ Red Interior
Mileage: 100,xxx

Hi Everyone

I'm deciding to finally sell my ap1. The reason why I'm selling is because I just got a new job and with the new job it requires me to be able to travel from site to site and pick up clients. So with that in mind I decided that I needed a more practical car that's a bit more spacious and more comfortable for others lol. If I had the money I would just pick up another car and keep the S but unfortunately I don't, so it comes down to me having to give up my s2000. If it wasn't for the job I would keep it but I think its time to move on and have someone else experience the joy of a turbo s2000. Also I don't think I'll be able to DD this car around any longer and maintain it, god forbid I need a more practical and comfortable car to drive to and from work. The body of the car is still in really good condition. Car still has it's original paint. I am the second owner of the car. The first owner was a female driver, so the car was definitely taken care of. Oil changed every 3k miles with Mobile 1 FULL Synthetic Oil. There was one small accident with the previous owner but it was pure cosmetic where the front bumper was replaced by Honda. Other then that the record of the car is clean. The S has never seen track, I always wanted to but never found the time.

When I bought the car, she only had a after market exhaust on it as far as mods go.
It was a custom dual titanium exhaust w/testpipe that's just a little bit bigger then stock, no idea why she would get a custom exhaust that was not much bigger then stock...
Anyways as far as what I did:

Exterior:
AP2 Head Lights
Glass Rear Window (no defog)
AP1 Front Lip
JDM Honda Badge (red)

Suspension:
Stock.

Brakes:
Drilled and slotted Rotors

Engine:
AP1 00-03 Greddy Turbo Kit with Ultimate EManage (Kit has about 10,xxx miles on it, Turbo is still strong, NO SHAFT PLAY)
--T518Z-10cm2 turbo
--Type 28 Intercooler
--cast manifold
--plug-in Ultimate
--550cc RC Injectors
--fuel pump
--oil filter relocation kit
--Airinx intake
oil/boost gauges
Hallman Pro Manual Boost Controller (red)
ACT HD Clutch kit (only 3,xxx miles on it, LIKE BRAND NEW STILL)
ACT Prolite Flywheel (only 3,xxx miles on it, LIKE BRAND NEW STILL)
New OEM Slave Cylinder
New OEM Master Cylinder
New OEM CAMS were replaced, Valves were readjusted (all necessary changes made for the turbo to run)
Custom Full Titanium Dual Exhaust
Test pipe

Its a complete kit basically with extras.
I had the kit professionally installed and tuned at PTUNING in VA.
Right now its running on 10lbs of boost (10PSI) @ 284hp
My tuner said that if the exhaust were to be upgraded to a single 3in exhaust it could be retuned to near 300hp

Upgrading the exhaust would have been my next modification but I never got the time since I was busy with work and had other debts to take care of.
The car ran amazing after the tune.

There is however a hiccup that just recently occurred: The car will idle perfectly fine but after the car's been driven or while driving if you were to slow down to a complete stop the idle will sometimes drop below the normal rpm and just stall out. At first I thought it was the tune so I called PTuning and took it in. PTuning thought it could have been the oversized injectors but realized that 550cc should be about normal for this size turbo. They also thought it could be the clutch kit but the clutch was professionally installed as well and has only about 3,xxx miles on it, clutch is still basically brand new. Since then the car hasn't really been driven much because I didn't know what was really causing it. PTuning said to bring it back again and they'll run further tests, it could be a simple idle adjustment they said. Not having time to drive back and forth from MD to VA, I called a buddy of mine, whom is a master mechanic at Honda and owns a s2 himself, he told me to bring it in and long story short his team and him figured out it was the Crankshaft. The crankshaft has end play he said and it needs to be replaced. Other then that he said the car runs perfectly fine with no other issues.

With that being said, if it wasn't for my new job and it's requirements I would keep the car and continue to fix it up. The car has so much potential, spoon top, coils, wheels, etc etc the list goes on but I don't have that much time anymore... :sigh:
FYI, I'm 25 years old and I've babied the S and made sure it was taken care of. I've pushed it a few times but never abused it.

I'm asking for $12,000 but I'm willing to negotiate(OBO) ONLY WITH SERIOUS BUYERS!!!! Throw me an offer the worst that could happen is that I say no but most likely I'll work something out. Keep in mind KBB value for this car at very good condition with 100k miles is worth about $10,200.
See pics below for condition, NON of which were photoshopped:

Before tune:

After tune:

Before turbo:

Old 12-26-2011, 06:14 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: FS: 2000 Honda S2K MD/DC/VA

Originally Posted by TeAvRoMiAxC
Name: Lawrence Tai
Means of Contact: 301.755.7171 or PM

Description:

For Sale: 2000 Honda S2000 (AP1)
Color: Grand Prix White (GPW)/ Red Interior
Mileage: 100,xxx

Hi Everyone

I'm deciding to finally sell my ap1. The reason why I'm selling is because I just got a new job and with the new job it requires me to be able to travel from site to site and pick up clients. So with that in mind I decided that I needed a more practical car that's a bit more spacious and more comfortable for others lol. If I had the money I would just pick up another car and keep the S but unfortunately I don't, so it comes down to me having to give up my s2000. If it wasn't for the job I would keep it but I think its time to move on and have someone else experience the joy of a turbo s2000. Also I don't think I'll be able to DD this car around any longer and maintain it, god forbid I need a more practical and comfortable car to drive to and from work. The body of the car is still in really good condition. Car still has it's original paint. I am the second owner of the car. The first owner was a female driver, so the car was definitely taken care of. Oil changed every 3k miles with Mobile 1 FULL Synthetic Oil. There was one small accident with the previous owner but it was pure cosmetic where the front bumper was replaced by Honda. Other then that the record of the car is clean. The S has never seen track, I always wanted to but never found the time.

When I bought the car, she only had a after market exhaust on it as far as mods go.
It was a custom dual titanium exhaust w/testpipe that's just a little bit bigger then stock, no idea why she would get a custom exhaust that was not much bigger then stock...
Anyways as far as what I did:

Exterior:
AP2 Head Lights
Glass Rear Window (no defog)
AP1 Front Lip
JDM Honda Badge (red)

Suspension:
Stock.

Brakes:
Drilled and slotted Rotors

Engine:
AP1 00-03 Greddy Turbo Kit with Ultimate EManage (Kit has about 10,xxx miles on it, Turbo is still strong, NO SHAFT PLAY)
--T518Z-10cm2 turbo
--Type 28 Intercooler
--cast manifold
--plug-in Ultimate
--550cc RC Injectors
--fuel pump
--oil filter relocation kit
--Airinx intake
oil/boost gauges
Hallman Pro Manual Boost Controller (red)
ACT HD Clutch kit (only 3,xxx miles on it, LIKE BRAND NEW STILL)
ACT Prolite Flywheel (only 3,xxx miles on it, LIKE BRAND NEW STILL)
New OEM Slave Cylinder
New OEM Master Cylinder
New OEM CAMS were replaced, Valves were readjusted (all necessary changes made for the turbo to run)
Custom Full Titanium Dual Exhaust
Test pipe

Its a complete kit basically with extras.
I had the kit professionally installed and tuned at PTUNING in VA.
Right now its running on 10lbs of boost (10PSI) @ 284hp
My tuner said that if the exhaust were to be upgraded to a single 3in exhaust it could be retuned to near 300hp

Upgrading the exhaust would have been my next modification but I never got the time since I was busy with work and had other debts to take care of.
The car ran amazing after the tune.

There is however a hiccup that just recently occurred: The car will idle perfectly fine but after the car's been driven or while driving if you were to slow down to a complete stop the idle will sometimes drop below the normal rpm and just stall out. At first I thought it was the tune so I called PTuning and took it in. PTuning thought it could have been the oversized injectors but realized that 550cc should be about normal for this size turbo. They also thought it could be the clutch kit but the clutch was professionally installed as well and has only about 3,xxx miles on it, clutch is still basically brand new. Since then the car hasn't really been driven much because I didn't know what was really causing it. PTuning said to bring it back again and they'll run further tests, it could be a simple idle adjustment they said. Not having time to drive back and forth from MD to VA, I called a buddy of mine, whom is a master mechanic at Honda and owns a s2 himself, he told me to bring it in and long story short his team and him figured out it was the Crankshaft. The crankshaft has end play he said and it needs to be replaced. Other then that he said the car runs perfectly fine with no other issues.

With that being said, if it wasn't for my new job and it's requirements I would keep the car and continue to fix it up. The car has so much potential, spoon top, coils, wheels, etc etc the list goes on but I don't have that much time anymore... :sigh:
FYI, I'm 25 years old and I've babied the S and made sure it was taken care of. I've pushed it a few times but never abused it.

I'm asking for $12,000 but I'm willing to negotiate(OBO) ONLY WITH SERIOUS BUYERS!!!! Throw me an offer the worst that could happen is that I say no but most likely I'll work something out. Keep in mind KBB value for this car at very good condition with 100k miles is worth about $10,200.
See pics below for condition, NON of which were photoshopped:

Before tune:

After tune:

Before turbo:

Hey faggot...does this look like the F/S forums?